Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question re external links

Default Question re external links

I was looking at the external links resource today, mulling over whether it might be possible to jump from a word in the BGT to Kittel in Libronix... but it didn't seem obvious to me how to do that, or if it is possible at all.

Anyone have an idea?
    Maranatha!
    Don Johnson
    Pastor
    aaaaaGrace Baptist Church of Victoria
    aaaaaVictoria, BC
    Jeremiah 33.3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.

You might want to check out this thread:
    Linking to Logos or WordSearch ( 1 2)
    or "Search" these forums for the phrase "external links" for other related discussions. I think what you want to do is possible, but I don't need to do it, since I have "Little Kittel" in BibleWorks, and I can check the printed edition, if I want to look more deeply.
    Mark Eddy

Thanks, Mark, I'll check that thread out.
    Maranatha!
    Don Johnson
    Pastor
    aaaaaVictoria, BC
    Jeremiah 33.3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.

Hi Don,

When in BW go to resources/edit external links. This will open the external links manager. Click on new then BW provides... Lemma ... with this text type Greek Text; menu location of event browse window greek; Map verses using Null; Menu entry text Logos TDNT; Web page .. libronixdls:macro|name=TextKeyLink|text=<dummy>|la ng=el|scheme=beta|res="TDNT"; Parameters... Null; Description TDNT.

enable the link and then see if it works.. For future reference, I usually find a sample link that works for another text and copy it by editng the web page box info, usually the res= entry.

Hope this gets you going.

John Fidel

Hi John

Thank you for the tip. I am working with it but all it does at the moment is open Logos to TDNT, it doesn't take me to the word I want, just to the last place I was in.

I am wondering if this could be that TDNT uses a different 'lemma' form than BW? Or??
    Maranatha!
    Don Johnson
    Pastor
    aaaaaVictoria, BC

Don,

It works on my computer. A few suggestions: open Logos and the TDNT and make sure the active index (the 3rd icon at the top the TDNT) is set to Topic. Now minimize Logos and try to link from a word such as kosmos, to TDNT.

John Fidel

Doesn't work on my computer (Vista-32) either.

Al Cantley

I've tried it, too, and followed all the directions and Libronix opens and TDNT opens to its title page but no word is in the box. I used kosmos in the BGT. FYI Thanks for all your help.

I tried it on my two XP computers and it works.

Make sure you are providing a Lemma with the Greek Text and the webpage has this:
    libronixdls:macro|name=TextKeyLink|text=<dummy>|la ng=el|scheme=beta|res="TDNT"

Also make sure your active index on your TDNT is set to topic.

If you have done all that, then I am at a loss as to how to help.

John Fidel

Honestly I have no idea, and I don't want to spend the time looking into it, but is it possible it is exporting in font that is different then logos expects?