Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Editing User Compiled Database Version?

  1. #1

    Default Editing User Compiled Database Version?

    Once I have created my own Bible version, and it is part of my BibleWorks, can I go in and edit portions?

    I ask because I expect my translation/version will be evolving as I do more translation work over the coming years.

    Thanks, Mike

  2. #2

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeandlesliegaul View Post
    Once I have created my own Bible version, and it is part of my BibleWorks, can I go in and edit portions?

    I ask because I expect my translation/version will be evolving as I do more translation work over the coming years.

    Thanks, Mike
    Yes. You have to edit the file you compiled. Then re-compile it. You cannot edit the compiled version directly. If you have lost the original version, you can export your user version and then edit the exported file.

    I manage my translation work in a program, say, Word. When I am ready for compilation, I export it in the format required by BibleWorks. A series of macros convert the format codes into the tags understood by BW and save it in - in my case - txt format.

    So yes, no problem!

    Georg
    Dr. Georg S. Adamsen, Denmark
    Editor, http://www.Revelation-Resources.com and
    WordPress @ Blogos.dk (featuring Danish localizations for WordPress plugins, themes etc.)

  3. #3

    Default Thanks

    Thank you Georg.
    Mike

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2

    Default compiling Bible version

    I am also interested in compiling versions. I tried one successfully. But I find the tagging very tiresome....I am interested in knowing how you use macros to tag. so could you please post the macros you use (of course with some instructions), if you do not mind in sharing it. I hope some others also may benefit from it...


    Quote Originally Posted by Adamsen View Post
    Yes. You have to edit the file you compiled. Then re-compile it. You cannot edit the compiled version directly. If you have lost the original version, you can export your user version and then edit the exported file.

    I manage my translation work in a program, say, Word. When I am ready for compilation, I export it in the format required by BibleWorks. A series of macros convert the format codes into the tags understood by BW and save it in - in my case - txt format.

    So yes, no problem!

    Georg

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jovialjoe View Post
    so could you please post the macros you use (of course with some instructions), if you do not mind in sharing it. I hope some others also may benefit from it...
    No, I am afraid that I cannot. Not because I am unwilling to do so, but for the time being I do not have access to WordPerfect. I wrote the Macros for WordPerfect in 2000. Writing macros for Word is something I have on my To Do-list, but I am afraid that it will not be any time soon.

    I think it is quite manageable to format a translation in Word and then search for the Word codes for, say, italics and replace them with the appropriate BW-tags. That was what I did in WordPerfect. The rest of the code is control structures (while-endwhile,if-else-endif and the like) and variables for outputting chapter and verse numbers and book names. I also removed or replaced certain characters that would cause problems for the BW User Versions Compiler.

    Sorry, but right now that is all what I can provide.
    Dr. Georg S. Adamsen, Denmark
    Editor, http://www.Revelation-Resources.com and
    WordPress @ Blogos.dk (featuring Danish localizations for WordPress plugins, themes etc.)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •