Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ginsburg Massoretico-Critical Edition of the Hebrew Bible

Default Ginsburg Massoretico-Critical Edition of the Hebrew Bible

I hope this is the appropriate place to post this. If it is not please write it off to a "newbie." My question is this: Is there any way of obtaining Ginsburg's text as a module for Bibleworks. I love my Bibleworks, but there is a void in in it as I see it without this text. May I say without meaning to impose my values on anyone else, I use the Textus Receptus as my "base text" in which I work off of for textual criticism and other exegesis. This is a conscience issue for me. In the N.T., I can use the "Text Comparison" tool to inform myself of variations between the texts as I research. I have nothing like that for the OT. By way of total disclosure, I know I could use the books (I have one), but I don't have the experience (nor the time to learn) textual apparatuses. It is so much easier just to set the comparison tool that notifies me if some additional research is needed. I know there has been some talk on these threads about the massorah, and although that would be tremendous to have, I would just be satisfied to have Ginburg's text. Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

Smile

post removed
    Last edited by MWMiles; 11-21-2011 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MWMiles View Post
    You can download the entire 4 volume set of the work that you're looking for in TIF format from various links in this thread:

http://bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3370

It is not available in BibleWorks format. If you'd like it to be in BibleWorks format, then you can use the tools that BibleWorks supplies to make it so. I personally have moved over to Linux and only use Linux applications and tools, so my interest no longer lies in making it a BibleWorks module. Making it a Linux based Bible study tool is more where I'm at now. This would be a lot simpler to add to BibleWorks than the Massorah would be.

Have fun,
    Mike
    I sense in the back of that "have fun" a wicked little chuckle

When you talk about things such as linux, you are talking way above my league. But I appreciate the response anyway. I have a PDF file that I obtained online with the set in it; it is just hard to jump back and forth between it and Bibleworks. It would be so much easier if it were a module. I have read some of the instruction about the version database compiler (I am actually creating my own version mildly revising the King James), but understanding how to get Greek and Hebrew into it with my understanding and the resources that I have at my disposal (or the lack thereof) seems to be beyond me.

I may at some point in time after I get a few projects off my desk take a crack at it (maybe a few aeons from now), but in the meantime I turn my Bibleworks on every day hoping that somebody offers this. What a day of celebration that will be. Having Bibleworks then will be like, well, being in paradise.

But one can only hope

Default Ginsburg Massoretico-Critical Edition of the Hebrew Bible

Okay, I have given this some time and it truly must be that there is no one working on this for Bibleworks. Since this seems to be only a trainwreck for me, it seems I may be the one that needs to make a contribution here.

Can some one give me some direction on what I will need to have and to consider as I try to do this. It will be piecemeal (as I go). Perhaps I can even compile bits of texts little by little as I am preparing to study and preach on particular OT Scriptures. For example: Presently I am preaching through the book of Exodus highlighting law and Gospel. I could be doing some of this compilation now.

I would really appreciate it if someone out there could tell me what I need in the way of software. I have Note Tab Pro (I use it to compile my own English version), I have an HTML help file program. Is it necessary to have a Hebrew Word Processor? Maybe I already have everything that I need.

Also: What are the important considerations as far as this right to left business? Does this present itself as an insurmountable obstacle?

Is there a Ginsburg text file out there that someone has (or online) with copy-able text (I have a PDF file obtained online that does not permit you to copy text-I guess you can't copy scans). I would be glad to work toward making this available for Bibleworks, and myself too. But I will need some kind soul out there give me some direction, at least initially, pointing me in the right direction.

Thank you
    Pastor Ken Zitsch Jr.

I wanted to thank you for the link to the thread where I could download the 4 volume set and just that I've been looking for Public Liability Insurance for a while and haven't found where else i can get it.

Thank you so much and I shall spend however long it takes me to download it
    Last edited by Nathan; 11-04-2009 at 04:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kzitsch View Post
    Okay, I have given this some time and it truly must be that there is no one working on this for Bibleworks. Since this seems to be only a trainwreck for me, it seems I may be the one that needs to make a contribution here.

Can some one give me some direction on what I will need to have and to consider as I try to do this. It will be piecemeal (as I go). Perhaps I can even compile bits of texts little by little as I am preparing to study and preach on particular OT Scriptures. For example: Presently I am preaching through the book of Exodus highlighting law and Gospel. I could be doing some of this compilation now.

I would really appreciate it if someone out there could tell me what I need in the way of software. I have Note Tab Pro (I use it to compile my own English version), I have an HTML help file program. Is it necessary to have a Hebrew Word Processor? Maybe I already have everything that I need.

Also: What are the important considerations as far as this right to left business? Does this present itself as an insurmountable obstacle?

Is there a Ginsburg text file out there that someone has (or online) with copy-able text (I have a PDF file obtained online that does not permit you to copy text-I guess you can't copy scans). I would be glad to work toward making this available for Bibleworks, and myself too. But I will need some kind soul out there give me some direction, at least initially, pointing me in the right direction.

Thank you
    Pastor Ken Zitsch Jr.
    Hey Ken,

Do you have a link to the website where you can download the pdf version of Ginsburg? I'd be grateful for that.

PS - Where's Lanse, by the way? I worked for a gospel mission organization once for 14 years. During that time, I spoke in 700+ churches, many of which were in PA. I crisscrossed that state so much, there are few places I haven't heard of, but Lanse is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ISalzman View Post
    Hey Ken,

Do you have a link to the website where you can download the pdf version of Ginsburg? I'd be grateful for that.
    I am not Ken, but yes/ken (in heb.) I know you and anyone else can download the Ginsburg's Massorah at http://www.seforimonline.org

And, on that same site here is a page with the various volumes of Ginsburg's Massorah for download (link)

Enjoy
    Brian K. Mitchell
    חפשו בתורה היטב ואל תסתמכו על דברי
    http://www.adfontes.mitchellbk.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bkMitchell View Post
    I am not Ken, but yes/ken (in heb.)
    Oh man, Brian; with that little pun, you're really hit a new לֹא
    !

I know you and anyone else can download the Ginsburg's Massorah at http://www.seforimonline.org

And, on that same site here is a page with the various volumes of Ginsburg's Massorah for download (link)

Enjoy[/QUOTE]

Thanks Brian. Blessings in יֵשׁוּעַ

Irving

Default Massoretico-Critical Edition of the Hebrew Bible

Irving:

There is a very good copy of Ginsburg's Hebrew text at this web address:

www.d.hazaith.com/Scriptures/Bibles.org.uk/tnk.pdf

You must wait a few moments until the download is complete after clicking on that link. Afterwards, click on file and save it to your hard drive.

I had ordered a pdf (scanned) copy from some guy overseas, but then I found this and it is a whole lot cleaner and copy-able. I hope it is useful to you.

I have seen a few places where Ginsburg's Massorah is presented online for download. I would love to sit down and read his Introduction (online also). It seems as though that would open up the Massorah for me. I am very ignorant of it, and unfortunately time does not permit me to study and try to learn it at this point.

I hope that someday after I complete my doctoral work that I might be able to find a way just to get the Massoretico-Critical Edition into Bibleworks. I understand that will mean doing the morphological version also. That will be alot of work. I would love to have it there just for text comparison reasons however. Not being a competent textual critic, just using the text comparison tool can be extremely beneficial for isolating the issues for further study. Sometimes just a little more information on a passage can really open it up for exposition.

Lanse is a little village about 30 mins west of State College on Interstate 80. It is about 15 miles north of the borough of Philipsburg. Thank you for asking.
    Last edited by kzitsch; 10-16-2009 at 01:30 AM.

Irving:

There is a very good copy of Ginsburg's Hebrew text at this web address:

www.d.hazaith.com/Scriptures/Bibles.org.uk/tnk.pdf

You must wait a few moments until the download is complete after clicking on that link. Afterwards, click on file and save it to your hard drive.

I had ordered a pdf (scanned) copy from some guy overseas, but then I found this and it is a whole lot cleaner and copy-able. I hope it is useful to you.
    Thanks so much for the link, Ken!

I have seen a few places where Ginsburg's Massorah is presented online for download. I would love to sit down and read his Introduction (online also). It seems as though that would open up the Massorah for me. I am very ignorant of it, and unfortunately time does not permit me to study and try to learn it at this point.

I hope that someday after I complete my doctoral work that I might be able to find a way just to get the Massoretico-Critical Edition into Bibleworks. I understand that will mean doing the morphological version also. That will be alot of work. I would love to have it there just for text comparison reasons however. Not being a competent textual critic, just using the text comparison tool can be extremely beneficial for isolating the issues for further study. Sometimes just a little more information on a passage can really open it up for exposition.

I know that "curiousity killed the cat," but, if you don't mind my asking, where are you doing your doctoral work and in what field of studies?

Lanse is a little village about 30 mins west of State College on Interstate 80. It is about 15 miles north of the borough of Philipsburg. Thank you for asking.
    Must be beautiful out there. In my experience, when the leaves turn to Fall colors, there is no state more spectacular in its beauty than PA. On an East-West plane, would you be on roughly the same line as either Johnstown or Dubois?