Verse reference – Export full book names
I am using version 8.
When I export verse I would like them to appear like this:
Philippians 1:6 For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
Not like this:
Phi 1:6 For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
Can anyone help me figure out how to make this change?
I could do it with version 7 but I can't figure it out in 8. I am sure I am missing something really obvious. Thanks in advance for your help.
Last edited by Roger Horning; 02-07-2009 at 03:01 PM.
Reason: spelling error in prievious post
I think this will do it. Go to Tools > Options > Output Format Options. Under (1) Verse List or Range and (2) Selected Browse Text uncheck Use User Defined Book Names.
Thank you very much for the reply. I followed those steps, shutdown and restarted and nothing changed.
When you export, do you get full book names?
Yes, and I can change it at will without a restart.
Originally Posted by Roger Horning
I suspect your problem may depend on where you're exporting from. Try right clicking in the Search Window, select Copy Format Options and work through each set of options. Somewhere among them you'll have Use User Defined Book Names checked where you want it unchecked.
Well, I went through and changed every single option to no evail.
When I toggle the user defined book names the export goes from "1 Tim. 5:10" (user defined checked) to "1Ti 5:10" (user defined unchecked).
I could go through and modify the book name export field for each book however, I am guessing that there must be some other way to do it. Especially since it is working for you and you didn't rename all the books in your "book names" file.
Any way, thanks for your help. I guess I will just keep messing with things unitl I find something out.
One more possibility ... Try Tools > Options > Flags > Browse Window Configuration Options and check Display Full Book Names in Browse Window.
I find that if I uncheck this, I get the results you describe.