Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WORDsearch has partnered with BibleWorks

Default WORDsearch has partnered with BibleWorks

WORDsearch has partnered with BibleWorks to make many of their titles available for us to use in the BibleWorks program.

http://www.wordsearchbible.com/bibleworks/

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by kennete View Post
    WORDsearch has partnered with BibleWorks to make many of their titles available for us to use in the BibleWorks program.

This is a very interesting program, I think, and to be commended. It makes available to BibleWorks users resources that have already been made but didn't necessarily mean BibleWorks had to spend loads of time and energy building them from scratch. It looks like more sources are going to be available like this in the future.

BTW - if anyone purchases any of these, let me (us) know how you like them.
    Last edited by Michael Hanel; 01-08-2011 at 01:56 PM.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Just found out about this yesterday, very interesting. Right now the list is very limited, but it does look like many more titles will be added to this.
    Chris Sansom
    M. Div. Concordia Seminary
    Google+
    Facebook!
    LibraryThing!

This looks very promising. I have always said I agree with and respect the Bibleworks philosophy regarding many electronic resources, but with the way the market is heading if they want to maintain their customer base they should at least consider making a few more resources available (especially up-to-date dictionaries and other tools). I'm very glad about this. I would like see the IVP reference collection as a whole made available on top of the individual dictionaries within the set.

Next they need to make an app for iOS and/or other mobile platforms. I've been tempted to purchase other programs just for this purpose but am holding off to see if Bibleworks will make something available. I'm not counting on it, but I don't see there being any losers with such a move given where the market is going. Regardless of how much we want to hold up the "ministry" banner, Bibleworks is still a business that has to make smart business decisions if they want to remain relevant and stay afloat.

Quote Originally Posted by kennete View Post

Hi folks, this is Derek Kurth from WORDsearch. I wanted to mention that we haven't officially announced this yet, and we're still putting on the final touches! So if you encounter any glitches, I invite you to contact me directly at dkurth@wordsearchbible.com -- your feedback can help us make improvements that will benefit everyone.

Thanks!
    Derek

Default Reviews coming

With special thanks to Derek Kurth for providing review copies, whenever WORDsearch gives the official release to this new project, you can look forward to reading a first review about it in the unofficial BibleWorks blog. Our goal will be to share with you how the process of adding the WORDsearch materials to BibleWorks goes as well as to share with you what the materials look like in BibleWorks.
    Michael Hanel
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    LibraryThing!

Today I was told that WORDsearch has now given an official release to their modules for BibleWorks, you can read about them on the unofficial BibleWorks Blog.

Q&A also posted as a second entry.
    Last edited by Michael Hanel; 02-01-2011 at 02:57 PM.
    Michael Hanel
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    LibraryThing!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel View Post
    Today I was told that WORDsearch has now given an official release to their modules for BibleWorks, you can read about them on the unofficial BibleWorks Blog.

Q&A also posted as a second entry.
    Michael, thank you very much for providing the writeup and thought-provoking comments. I look forward to seeing what additional resources WORDsearch provides in the future.
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.

Yes, Michael, I second that. Thanks for the excellent, excellent reviews! So well written. And I agree that the fonts should be installed together with the resources. Having to do two separate installs is a little bit of a pain.

Default Thanks Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel View Post
    WORDsearch... modules for BibleWorks, you can read about them on the unofficial BibleWorks Blog.
    Thanks for posting the helpful review Michael.

Dale A. Brueggemann

כִּי עֶזְרָא הֵכִין לְבָבוֹ לִדְרוֹשׁ אֶת־תּוֹרַת יְהוָה וְלַעֲשֹׂת וּלְלַמֵּד בְּיִשְׂרָאֵל חֹק וּמִשְׁפָּט (Ezra 7:10)