Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Possible bug

  1. #1

    Exclamation Possible bug

    I have noticed that the exported text is different from the book of Genesis than any other book. When I copy from Genesis I get the following:
    Gen 5:2 2 He created them male and female, and blessed them and called them Mankind in the day they were created.

    Instead of getting the book name, I get the abbreviation. This occurs even after changing the export name to the full book name. It happens when using Cntrl-C or Cntrl-Shift-B

    When copying from any other book, I get the full name such as:
    Exodus 1:8 8 Now there arose a new king over Egypt, who did not know Joseph.

    Any book except Genesis will allow me to change the book name in 'Exported Verse List Name'. I can change it in Genesis but it does not effect the exported text.

    Are others experiencing the same problem?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    839

    Default Bug?

    Quote Originally Posted by gesnipes View Post
    I have noticed that the exported text is different from the book of Genesis than any other book. When I copy from Genesis I get the following:
    Gen 5:2 2 He created them male and female, and blessed them and called them Mankind in the day they were created.

    Instead of getting the book name, I get the abbreviation. This occurs even after changing the export name to the full book name. It happens when using Cntrl-C or Cntrl-Shift-B

    When copying from any other book, I get the full name such as:
    Exodus 1:8 8 Now there arose a new king over Egypt, who did not know Joseph.

    Any book except Genesis will allow me to change the book name in 'Exported Verse List Name'. I can change it in Genesis but it does not effect the exported text.

    Are others experiencing the same problem?
    I am not seeing this but without more details and configuration files it is impossible to analyze the situation. I am not seeing any Genesis-specific copy problems. Send me your bw800.ini file and your copyops.dat file and a step by step description and I can assess the situation. BibleWorks is very configurable. And there are a half doze ways of doing most things.

    Mike

  3. #3

    Post ini and dat file.

    I am uploading the two files you asked for. As far as the step by step process, there isn't much to the steps. I highlight the text and hit cntrl-c. I get the same results when I use cntrl-shift-b and type in a verse.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by gesnipes; 02-20-2009 at 06:11 PM. Reason: files not showing up

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    839

    Default Copy Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by gesnipes View Post
    I am uploading the two files you asked for. As far as the step by step process, there isn't much to the steps. I highlight the text and hit cntrl-c. I get the same results when I use cntrl-shift-b and type in a verse.
    I tried some copies in Genesis and Exodus using your files and I don't see a problem. Can you tell me explicitly what is highlighted (and is it browse or multi version mode) and what is copied. ALso can you check the booknames section of the setup window and tell me what you see for the Gen line.
    Mike

  5. #5

    Default Problem resolved

    When Mike said that this wasn't happening with others I figured that it must be something on my system. Maybe something from BW7 interfered with the config - who knows. I finally uninstalled BW8, deleted the directory and removed all Bibleworks references from the Windows registry. I reinstalled and was able to configure the user defined export name to the full Bible name.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    839

    Default Curious

    Quote Originally Posted by gesnipes View Post
    When Mike said that this wasn't happening with others I figured that it must be something on my system. Maybe something from BW7 interfered with the config - who knows. I finally uninstalled BW8, deleted the directory and removed all Bibleworks references from the Windows registry. I reinstalled and was able to configure the user defined export name to the full Bible name.
    Thanks for letting us know.
    Mike

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •