Thread: Copying a range of verses <Weird>

Default Copying a range of verses <Weird>

I just found out that BW does not support copying more than one reference at a time (Tools, Copy Center, range of verses, BW editor)--OK.

BW does, of course, support copying a single reference, ie <John 3:16-25>

BUT, amazingly enough, I am usually able to copy multiple references in a single pass such as whole lectionary selections to either the editor or a word processor using selections such as
    <Acts 4:32-35; Psalm 133; 1 John 1; 1 John 2:1-2; John 20:19-31> or
    <Amos 7:7-17; Psalm 82; Colossians 1:1-14; Luke 10:25-37> or
    <Jeremiah 2:4-13; Psalm 81:1; Hebrews 13:1-8; Luke 14:1-14>

BUT, Israel at BW is not able to duplicate my success at copying multiple references in one pass.

We are both using the most current 6 .... r version although I remember doing it with BW5. I am currently using WinXP.

Thoughts? Does anyone else use this unsupported feature?
    Bill Capel
    Champaign, IL
    Ruling Elder, PCUSA

Default It works!

I had never tried this before.

I typed in: 2Pe 2:22; 1pe 1:5; Joh 3:16-19; Psa 2 2, in the vs range and copied all the verses into a MSword document.

They showed up all in one single paragraph.

I am using xp as well, and I believe the latest version of bw's.

Al

Post Copying Multiple References

I am using a similar setup (WinXP and BW6 version r) and had no problems to copy multiple references to the Editor. It did run all the references together so I had to insert a RETURN to separate them, but otherwise it was fine.

I know you were seeking for a solution to someone else's problem, but as a newbie with BW I think this "feature" is a great help for copying multiple sections.

Thanks.

Thumbs up Phew!!!!!!!!!! Its more than me!

Thanks Al and Clinton; I don't feel so alone now

Now it doesn't seem to work for everyone (ie Israel at BW central) and we don't know why.

So let's hear from those who cannot make it work--and the error messages you get.
    Bill Capel
    Champaign, IL
    Ruling Elder, PCUSA