Thread: Mislabeled search button

Default Mislabeled search button

I have a new problem with BW7.0.020a.1: the Search button shows the wrong version, as you should be able to see in the attached screen shot. The button on the left shows NRS but the search is in the NIV (which is where I want it). This also happens when I paste into a document using Ctrl+Shift+B.

Any thoughts?
    [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg[/IMG]

Default Corrected screen shot

Let's try again with the attached screen shot.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Francis View Post
    Let's try again with the attached screen shot.
    Perhaps you are right, but I cannot see any results from your search in the picture. What I can see, is that the search version is not a display version. If you run a search, does BW display NIV verses in the Verse Results list?

Or could it be that you need to add the NIV as a display version? You could do so by entering "d +niv" (for "display +niv).

If it does run the search in NIV but display NRS as your search version, then it is really strange. Perhaps you could try to go to tab 2 and then right-click on tab 1 and reset it? Go back and see whether the problem persists.

Also, try to explicitly set up NIV as search and NIV (as well as the other versions you want) as display versions. Does that help?
    Dr. Georg S. Adamsen, Denmark
    Editor, http://www.Revelation-Resources.com and
    WordPress @ Blogos.dk (featuring Danish localizations for WordPress plugins, themes etc.)

Default Possible solution

George wrote,
    >If it does run the search in NIV but display NRS as your search version, then it is really strange. Perhaps you could try to go to tab 2 and then right-click on tab 1 and reset it? Go back and see whether the problem persists.

That is in fact what has been happening. I tried your solution, and it seems to be working for now. Thanks!

BibleWorks is set up so that you do not have to have the search version as one of your display versions. I regularly search in BGM but have BGT (not BGM) as a display version. If you want your search version to be a display version, all you have to do is add it. You already have received one (of a number) way to do that.
    Mark Eddy