Thread: BW8 and Calvin's Commentaries

Default BW8 and Calvin's Commentaries

I moved the 3 files for Calvin's into the database folder for BW8, but when I open a selection for Calvin (such as Galatians 5), the popup window shows a list of Calvin's on the left and displays a navigation error on the right. What do I need to do? Thanks.

Default Unblocking user created resource files

After unzipping the files you often have to "unblock" them by right clicking on each file in a file manager (e.g., Windows Explore--right click on "Start button) and go to the directory where you've extracted the files.

Right click on each file and then under "Properties" (at bottom of popup list in XP--which shows after the right mouse click) under "General" tab, at "Security", click on the "unblock" box.

There's more on this in the User Forum but I don't remember where.

Quote Originally Posted by gelavalon View Post
    I moved the 3 files for Calvin's into the database folder for BW8, but when I open a selection for Calvin (such as Galatians 5), the popup window shows a list of Calvin's on the left and displays a navigation error on the right. What do I need to do? Thanks.

I will be honest and tell you that I don't necessarily know what is wrong, however some simple troubleshooting questions would hopefully solve this. First of all did you unblock the commentaries. If you did not, or did not know about this feature, you must go to the database directories right click on the .chm file go to properties and unblock it. Second, I cannot remember if the Calvin Commentaries needed to be compiled or not, to do this you can, on your Bibleworks you can go to tools, importing/exporting, version database compiler. From there you can open the appropriate file, (click to install after compiling) and then compile the text, I am assuming you have done this if you can already see the index, however, in my limited knowledge these are the only things I can think of. You may try messaging many of the other people that have handled this, there is also a good help thread on the unofficial Bibleworks thread. sorry if this is no help.
    Chris Sansom
    M. Div. Concordia Seminary
    Google+
    Facebook!
    LibraryThing!

Thumbs up BW8 and Calvin's Commentaries

Thanks guys for the responses! I got it working.