Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 50

Thread: BibleWorks Add-In for Microsoft Word

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    23

    Default

    My bad. There are a couple of bugs I've found causing formatting woes for particular verses, including the loss of formatting on the first word. One of them is a stand-alone conjunction with it's own prefixed conjunction (e.g. the first word of Judges 2:3). I'm currently testing a fix to this. I'm preaching on Judges for the next half a year, so I'll hopefully catch a few more of the exception cases like this one.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Guyer View Post
    My bad. There are a couple of bugs I've found causing formatting woes for particular verses, including the loss of formatting on the first word. One of them is a stand-alone conjunction with it's own prefixed conjunction (e.g. the first word of Judges 2:3). I'm currently testing a fix to this. I'm preaching on Judges for the next half a year, so I'll hopefully catch a few more of the exception cases like this one.
    Thanks Jon!

    I upgraded to Windows 7 and installed my retail version of Office 2007 and I have the same issue. I tested a couple Greek verses and didn't see any major problems off hand but the Hebrew verses I have tested still are not showing correctly. When inserted the font is the Bhebb font (size 11). I tried toggling off accents in BW8 to see if that helped with no success.

    Is there any info (like settings in BW8?) you would like me to provide?

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Thanks, Joshua. Can you give me the references for the verses that you've tried out that don't work? I'd also love if you could attach an actual word document where it happened. Ta.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Guyer View Post
    Thanks, Joshua. Can you give me the references for the verses that you've tried out that don't work? I'd also love if you could attach an actual word document where it happened. Ta.
    For me it is every verse. Maybe something to do with how the beginning of the verse is being treated? In the attached I did some various samples (Gen 1:1, 48:16; Exo 3:12; Deu 6:4). Let me know if you need anything else!

    Btw, this is a nifty tool for inserting the text right into Word--that alone is very helpful!!

    Edit: Re-uploaded. Default was docx and BW's forum rejected.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Joshua Luna; 02-01-2010 at 06:13 PM.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    259

    Default

    Would this work in Word 2003/XP, and if so, how do I apply the file?

    Thanks.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    23

    Default Office 2007 only :(

    I don't think Word 2003 had the ribbon bar at the top, in which case it won't work, sorry

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    23

    Default New Version

    I've updated the latest version (see the attachment back on the original post on the first page of this thread), which fixes some start of verse Hebrew problems that I was having - hoping it will fix yours, too, Joshua. Give it a shot when you have time and let me know.

    God bless,

    Jon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Luna View Post
    For me it is every verse. Maybe something to do with how the beginning of the verse is being treated? In the attached I did some various samples (Gen 1:1, 48:16; Exo 3:12; Deu 6:4). Let me know if you need anything else!

    Btw, this is a nifty tool for inserting the text right into Word--that alone is very helpful!!

    Edit: Re-uploaded. Default was docx and BW's forum rejected.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5

    Default Will there be an update for Word 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Guyer View Post
    I don't think Word 2003 had the ribbon bar at the top, in which case it won't work, sorry
    I just started using BW8 and recently found this thread. This seems like a great tool but I have Word 10 and before downloading was just wondering if it will work.
    Thanks

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Yep, this add-in works with the ribbon bar, but I've only tested it up to Word 2007.

    Cheers,

    Jon.

  10. #30

    Thumbs up Works!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Guyer View Post
    Yep, this add-in works with the ribbon bar, but I've only tested it up to Word 2007.

    Cheers,

    Jon.
    Thanks Jon. These add-ins [both Hebrew and Greek] work in Word 2010 also.

    Thank you for the hard work!
    Gilbert

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •