Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: BibleWorks Add-In for Microsoft Word

Does this work for Windows XP/Pro

Thanks,
    I tried to add the greek.dotm to word startup but it won't let me - I'm computer illiterate. I can't put any thing before the ">" C:\Users\owner\Rod\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\ STARTUP> ; and when I c & p greek.dotm after the > and push enter
    I get this:
    C:\Users\owner\Rod\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\ STARTUP>greek.dotm
    'greek.dotm' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

any help would be appreciated
    Rod

Quote Originally Posted by cccfree View Post
    Does this work for Windows XP/Pro
    Yep, should do. It's more about the version of BibleWorks & MS Word than the version of windows. As long as your Word version has the ribbon bar, and you've got BW 7 or 8, should be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by HarleyVol View Post
    Thanks,
    I tried to add the greek.dotm to word startup but it won't let me - I'm computer illiterate. I can't put any thing before the ">" C:\Users\owner\Rod\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\ STARTUP> ; and when I c & p greek.dotm after the > and push enter
    I get this:
    C:\Users\owner\Rod\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\ STARTUP>greek.dotm
    'greek.dotm' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

any help would be appreciated
    Rod
    Hi Rod, the idea is to copy the file in windows explorer, not using the command-line. So when you're browsing your windows folders, you start at C: and work your way down through the users folder, your folder, the appdata folder etc. Alternatively you could just c & p the path into the address bar (at the top) of windows explorer, and it should take you straight there. But if you've got your command-line window open anyway, you could just navigate to wherever you have greek.dotm, and then type:

copy greek.dotm C:\Users\owner\Rod\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\ STARTUP

Hope that helps!

Jon,
    I am really sorry to keep bothering you, but I really would like to use this for my thesis.
    When I c & p the C:\Users\owner\Rod\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\ STARTUP into the windows explorer command line (top) I get an error message that windows can't find that and I am unable to find this when clicking through everything like you said.
    Thanks in advance for any help you can give
    Rod

Jon,
    I am really sorry to keep bothering you, but I really would like to use this for my thesis.
    When I c & p the C:\Users\owner\Rod\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\ STARTUP into the windows explorer command line (top) I get an error message that windows can't find that and I am unable to find this when clicking through everything like you said.
    Rod
    Sorry, Rod, but that's about as basic as I can get. Maybe look up "startup" in Word help. Those folders are standard, so I can't explain why you can't see the right folders. Except that you've got spaces between the last \ and STARTUP?

But in the worst case, greek.dotm doesn't need to be in that folder - you can just double-click greek.dotm in windows explorer, and Word will open a new document based on it. Now just delete the help text and start typing your own document. The tabs you need will appear at the top as long as that particular document is open.

Cheers,

jon.

Default Another suggestion?

Jon,
    Rod
    Rod,
    Could it be you have the wrong path? I note that you have "C:\Users\owner\Rod..." Shouldn't that just be "C:\Users\Rod" (i.e., no "\owner")? You shouldn't use owner but should instead use your profile name (I assume it's "Rod" on your computer).

Also, it might be that you don't have the folder options set in Windows Explorer to show hidden files and folders. Without that, the default, (I believe) is to hide the ..\AppData folder.

Because I'm too lazy to go through the effort of writing down steps to verify what I've written below, I'm taking advantage of a site I just found while writing this post. The directions are basically sound enough for Win 7. (How to expose hidden folders is also at the same link.)

Default Coding Selected

This an incredible time saver. Was the color/symbol coding you selected your personal preferences or is there an "industry" standard? Is there a list of codings posted anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by G8torguy View Post
    This an incredible time saver. Was the color/symbol coding you selected your personal preferences or is there an "industry" standard? Is there a list of codings posted anywhere?
    Glad to hear it

The colours are mine, the symbols are just the way I learnt to do translation mark-up in Bible college. I don't know of any standard out there.

You can get a full print-out of the codings by hitting the "Key" button under the "Case" group (or for Hebrew, under the "Stem" group).

Default Changing Colors

I have never programmed a MS Word Macro and can't quite figure out how to change the assigned colors. Will please you point me in the right direction?