Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BibleWorks Add-In for Microsoft Word

Hybrid View

Default BibleWorks Add-In for Microsoft Word

Anyone else doing integration between Word and BibleWorks? Attached is a Word 2007 template that puts a Greek tab for inserting, parsing, and formatting Greek text in particular. Hebrew version now included (see later posts), and updated for BibleWorks 8. Main uses are aimed at learning Greek/Hebrew (manual parsing) and translation for sermons (auto parsing).

Can automatically parse a given text using BW morphology and customisable Word styles, plus manual formatting options. An example of the output:

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Jon Guyer; 03-01-2010 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Updated version of attachment

Hi Jon,

Thanks for this. I am looking forward to the BW 8 update and the Hebrew macro.

I have been using a Hebrew macro that works with text that I copy from Logos 3. The font is bigger and helps my over 40 eyes. I was unable to attach the file because it uploads as a ".dotm" file which is not on the approved files list. (I have no idea what this means or how to change it.) I would be happy to email it to you for your consideration. It was designed in 2001 when i was in seminary by an engineer from NASA. It seems to work ok with Word 2007 only the Hebrew text is copied in reverse order. Essentially what the macro does is take Hebrew text (when highlighted) and put it in a parsing chart with an option for "weaknesses." I welcome the opportunity for those who "know macro code" to peak and tweak it so that it works with BW 8. In the meantime, I appreciate all that you have done and are willing to share.

Quote Originally Posted by Precha1 View Post
    Hi Jon,

I have been using a Hebrew macro that works with text that I copy from Logos 3. The font is bigger and helps my over 40 eyes. I was unable to attach the file because it uploads as a ".dotm" file which is not on the approved files list. (I have no idea what this means or how to change it.) I would be happy to email it to you for your consideration. It was designed in 2001 when i was in seminary by an engineer from NASA. It seems to work ok with Word 2007 only the Hebrew text is copied in reverse order. Essentially what the macro does is take Hebrew text (when highlighted) and put it in a parsing chart with an option for "weaknesses." I welcome the opportunity for those who "know macro code" to peak and tweak it so that it works with BW 8. In the meantime, I appreciate all that you have done and are willing to share.
    Precha,

I don't know how to help with the macro issue itself, but you should be able to "ZIP" the macro file (right click and select "add to ZIP file" or "send to compressed folder") and then attach it.
    Fred Greco
    Senior Pastor, Christ Church PCA (Katy, TX)
    Christ Church Blog

"The heart is the main thing in true religion...It is the hinge and turning-point in the condition of man's soul. If the heart is alive to God and quickened by the Spirit, the man is a living Christian. If the heart is dead and has not the Spirit, the man is dead before God." (J.C. Ryle)

Smile Works in BW8!!

Quote Originally Posted by Precha1 View Post
    Hi Jon,

HELLO!

I JUST TRIED THIS WITH WORD 2007 AND BW8.

IT WORKS!!!!

Gilbert

Unhappy It doesn't all work!!!

Sorry!

Though the macro copies the range, and it will parse the Greek, it doesn't allow commenting!!!

Gilbert

Default Hebrew Macro

Hey Fred,

Thanks for the help. Attached is the macro. Copy the Hebrew text into Word. Highlight it and then run "Hebrew Parsing Macro." The macro will ask a few questions and put your verse in a chart format. Its best to use only one verse at a time.

God Bless
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Greek Macro for LXX

Hey Jon,

Is it possible to use your Greek macro on the LXX. I tried it but it did not seem to work importing the right text.

Any suggestions you have will be helpful. Thanks,

Default Added Hebrew parsing

Have finally added Hebrew/Aramaic functionality to the Greek Parsing Template. The new version can be downloaded from the original post in this thread - I have overwritten the original attachment, as usual.

New version includes a Hebrew Tab in Word:

As with the Greek, you can either mark-up the text yourself using the buttons, or use auto-parse to do it for you:

This is a fairly extensive update, including some fixes for the Greek (including faster parsing), so I would recommend backing up any existing version of the template before overwriting, just in case there is some incompatibility.

God bless,

Jon.

Default first word format dissapear

Hello,
    I've tried the hebrew parsing macro, but it eats the formatting of the first word.
    Name:  error.JPG
Views: 680
Size:  54.1 KB
    Any sugestion?

Default Add-in losing formatting of first word

Hi Laurentiu, I have replied via email. Anyone else with similar problems? I can't reproduce the problem so far, but I'm only testing with two particular configs.

God bless,

Jon.