Thread: Creating External Link to Logos 6 Lexicon

Default Creating External Link to Logos 6 Lexicon

I've searched through the forums, but have not been able to find an answer to this question. I have set up an external link to lookup a lemma in a lexicon in Logos 6. It opens the correct resource but the search fails because it appears the text that BW10 exports is not unicode. So, for example, I have it search for ἐὰν and the search dialog in Logos shows e)a/n.

Is there a solution to this?

Quote Originally Posted by harmonms View Post
    I've searched through the forums, but have not been able to find an answer to this question. I have set up an external link to lookup a lemma in a lexicon in Logos 6. It opens the correct resource but the search fails because it appears the text that BW10 exports is not unicode. So, for example, I have it search for ἐὰν and the search dialog in Logos shows e)a/n.

Is there a solution to this?
    Just a couple quick questions that may or may not be helpful. 1) I assume you know that the export font can be set for unicode? That's the default setting in BW10, so unless you've changed that, the issue should be elsewhere. 2) Do you download the updates regularly? Up until a couple months ago, some texts in BW10 would not export directly in unicode (this was the case for lexicon entries, for instance). That was fixed in an update, probably around the beginning of September or something like that. It doesn't sound like what you're saying is connected with this, but one never knows. 3) There are also a couple of settings in the options panel that may help, i.e., "enable HTML output to clipboard" and (maybe) "enable HTML file editing."

It's possible that this is similar to an issue discussed some time ago here:

http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sho...ighlight=excel

If you find a solution, please let us know. The lack of communication between programs is, I think, for commercial reasons (at least for some software companies), but it is certainly not to the user's advantage.

Regards,

Donald Cobb
    Aix-en-Provence, France

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Cobb View Post
    Just a couple quick questions that may or may not be helpful. 1) I assume you know that the export font can be set for unicode? That's the default setting in BW10, so unless you've changed that, the issue should be elsewhere. 2) Do you download the updates regularly? Up until a couple months ago, some texts in BW10 would not export directly in unicode (this was the case for lexicon entries, for instance). That was fixed in an update, probably around the beginning of September or something like that. It doesn't sound like what you're saying is connected with this, but one never knows. 3) There are also a couple of settings in the options panel that may help, i.e., "enable HTML output to clipboard" and (maybe) "enable HTML file editing."

It's possible that this is similar to an issue discussed some time ago here:

http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sho...ighlight=excel

If you find a solution, please let us know. The lack of communication between programs is, I think, for commercial reasons (at least for some software companies), but it is certainly not to the user's advantage.

Regards,

Donald Cobb
    Aix-en-Provence, France
    Thanks for your response, Donald. I've checked those things and it has not changed what I am experiencing. But I do appreciate your efforts to help!

Blessings,

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by harmonms View Post
    I have set up an external link to lookup a lemma in a lexicon in Logos 6. It opens the correct resource but the search fails
    Hi, no solution, but I do have a question for you. Are you using a PC or Mac? I've had no luck in creating an external link to Logos in BW9 using a Mac, nor BW10 when it was released... so, I'm making the assumption you're using a PC. However, if you are using a Mac this would be most enlightening. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by papyri View Post
    Hi, no solution, but I do have a question for you. Are you using a PC or Mac? I've had no luck in creating an external link to Logos in BW9 using a Mac, nor BW10 when it was released... so, I'm making the assumption you're using a PC. However, if you are using a Mac this would be most enlightening. Thank you.
    You are correct in your guess that I am using a PC. Sorry for not clarifying