Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Is this the Hebrew text we want?

A while back in this thread, someone (might have been Michael Hanel) pointed to this web-site:

http://www.christianhospitality.org/benchayyim.htm

They have the Ben Chayyim text in PDF and Word format - both fully editable, and claim that it is, "Free to download, non-copyright, public domain"

Can BibleWorks use this in developing the Chayyim as a usable version?
    Steve Watkins
    First Baptist Church, San Lorenzo Valley
    www.slvbaptist.org

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Watkins View Post
    A while back in this thread, someone (might have been Michael Hanel) pointed to this web-site:

http://www.christianhospitality.org/benchayyim.htm

They have the Ben Chayyim text in PDF and Word format - both fully editable, and claim that it is, "Free to download, non-copyright, public domain"

Can BibleWorks use this in developing the Chayyim as a usable version?
    Since there is also a Word document there, it would seem that it is very doable. I personally don't have the time for it. I'm going to be out of pocket for the next few weeks, and even then I just don't think I have the heart to go through the whole Tanach and develop it for BW.

But I would sure love it if BW or some user ever does.

yeah, same here. Far too daunting for me! But it seems as though it's a fully public domain source that the BW guys could get their hands on and develop for a later version, or add-on. We can pray!
    Steve Watkins
    www.slvbaptist.org

Actually, as tedious a task as it would be, it's even harder than it looks.

Whoever compiled the data did so in right-to-left format - simply imposing the text character by character for each line, with consecutive verses on same lines. So it's really not all that editable after all. Getting the text into a left-to-right format means more work than first meets the eye, due to cutting half-lines and rearranging them, etc... Too bad they didn't do all that work in a Hebrew compatible editor in the first place!
    Last edited by Steve Watkins; 09-19-2007 at 10:56 PM.
    Steve Watkins
    www.slvbaptist.org