Thread: BW8 and User-Created Modules

Default BW8 and User-Created Modules

I'm beginning the process of creating some BW modules, but as I look over the Help file in BW8 on how to proceed, it references version 7 rather than 8. For those of you who have created modules, does version 8 offer any additional options, or did this feature of BW remain unchanged from 7 to 8?

Also, I assume that there is only one option for theological works, namely, the HTML Help File, or is there another option(s) that may provide more robust features? Just thinking out loud as I have never attempted to create a user-module and am new to using BW (version 8 is my first).

Quote Originally Posted by xara777 View Post
    I'm beginning the process of creating some BW modules, but as I look over the Help file in BW8 on how to proceed, it references version 7 rather than 8. For those of you who have created modules, does version 8 offer any additional options, or did this feature of BW remain unchanged from 7 to 8?

Also, I assume that there is only one option for theological works, namely, the HTML Help File, or is there another option(s) that may provide more robust features? Just thinking out loud as I have never attempted to create a user-module and am new to using BW (version 8 is my first).
    There is a little bit of a learning curve, but once you figure it out, it's not all that difficult. The process for making HTML modules is the same in BW7 and 8, so there is nothing to worry about there.

There are two real steps to making the modules work. First is to get an HTML version of what you want to be the module and second is the tagging for Scripture links so that they work in BW8. To get the first step done, you need to make sure you have HTML files that work locally (i.e. if you put them in a folder and disconnect the internet, do they work the way they want them to. If not you have to edit the HTML so they do. For the second step, you essentially are just following the directions from BW Help on how to do the tagging. Tagging can be seamless if you have something that lists scripture references in a unified and standard manner. If you don't, it can be a lot more time-consuming to fix them.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!