Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Navigating Schaff's "Fathers"

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel View Post
    .... Some people in the past have said there are too many yes-men on these forums, ....
    To which I'd like to add that everyone of them can greet me with a holy kiss, cheek of my own personal choosing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel View Post
    Many thanks for the work (and for the previews!!)!
    Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    I am hopeful that we will be able to release Vaticanus, SInaiticus, Alexandrinus and Bezae by the late Fall.
    I am assuming you mean in the NT, and not the entire transcript of those MSS. It will also be interesting to see which edition of Vaticanus and Sinaiticus you are using as your exemplars.

I also hope the Vaticanus, Sinaiticus, Bezae, and Alexandrinus texts will not have accents, as the original MSS did not have them. I know you guys have an algorithm that you use to add accents, so if you are going to do this with these texts, please make an option to display these texts without accents as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
    I also hope the Vaticanus, Sinaiticus, Bezae, and Alexandrinus texts will not have accents, as the original MSS did not have them. I know you guys have an algorithm that you use to add accents, so if you are going to do this with these texts, please make an option to display these texts without accents as well.
    We wouldn't add accents to these unless it was done by hand (like Swanson did). But there won't be any accents.

Mike,
    8.0 has been such an enhancement to the way I work, I am grateful for the time spent ironing out all the wrinkles. I am especially glad that you will be able to get back to your long term projects:
    After that I will be switching most of my time to long-standing project to clean up some of our Greek New Testament databases and release some original transcriptions of NT manuscripts.
    I know I have appreciated having the 'quirky' versions of SCR and WHO. But the stuff "in the wings" sounds wonderful. We have all benefited tremendously from your precision work on BGM, and anxiously await the further fruits of your labor. Thanks for a peak at what is to come. Thank You
    SkipB

"Ambitious to be well-pleasing unto him"
    RJ Blackburn
    Reformed Episcopal Seminary

http://www.reseminary.edu

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    For what it is worth, we are human beings, and like all human beings, we respond better to requests than complaints. I have stayed up until the wee hours of the morning, more times than I can count, to help out a single user who asked nicely for a bug fix or a new feature. Complaints seldom keep me up late.

Mike
    Sorry for asking. It's just that I'd been waiting and waiting for the correction (checking for a patch every couple of days) and had no idea whether it was even on the agenda anymore. I'm pleased to know it's coming. Many thanks for your hard work, I do appreciate it.

Default Progress report on Schaff's update

Hi Folks,

I want to give you a progress report on the update for the Early Church Fathers.

--All of the navigation repairs have been made. This includes a new table of contents, a new Resource Summary Window results display that includes the name of the author of that particular work and title of the work, and 'Previous | Next' links at the bottom of each page. The synchronization between the table of contents and the text page works.

--The Greek and Hebrew fonts are Unicode. The default is to display Greek in the new SBL Greek font, and the default Hebrew font is SBL Hebrew. The Unicode font can be changed through changing the default Unicode export font setting in BibleWorks. (This is a big deal, since now you can export from both BibleWorks and the ECF and have the same font in your document. And the export fonts are configurable.)

--The text of the ECF can be made larger or smaller by changing the Internet Explorer text size settings. You can also hold the Ctrl button and use your scroll wheel to enlarge or shrink the font size. Changing the font size works not only for the English text, but also for the Greek and Hebrew text.

--Currently I am repairing over 300 Scripture reference tagging errors. This will take a bit of time, as each of them have to be corrected by hand.

Once the Scripture reference tagging errors are corrected and the files processed, we will test the files and then post them for general updating.

Sorry for taking so long to make the update available, but we want to make sure it is correct when we post it.

Blessings,
    Glenn
    Last edited by Glenn Weaver; 05-07-2009 at 09:54 AM.
    Glenn Weaver

For technical support, please contact Customer Support.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Weaver View Post
    I want to give you a progress report on the update for the Early Church Fathers.
    Thanks a bunch, Glenn. I can't imagine the work you have already put into this, nor the remaining work, but it is greatly appreciated by all of us, and it will certainly be very helpful to have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
    Thanks a bunch, Glenn. I can't imagine the work you have already put into this, nor the remaining work, but it is greatly appreciated by all of us, and it will certainly be very helpful to have it.
    Amen! What a huge blessing.

Dave
    David Spear
    Calvary Chapel of Manassas
    Manassas, Va. 20110
    http://www.calvarychapelmanassas.org/
    KJV Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without (apart from) the deeds of the law.

Many thanks for the update on your progress Glenn!

I'm still really looking forward to seeing your hard work significantly increase my knowledge of the church fathers.