Thread: Transferring BW installation to new computer

Default Transferring BW installation to new computer

I am going to be getting a new laptop in a week or so and (of course!) want to install BW on it. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about the process so that my new install is exactly like the one on my current laptop (with the same settings, preferences, notes, etc.)? I imagine that I could do a fresh install from my BW 6 cd, run the updates, and then copy my notes files to the new system, but I thought there might be an easier way, perhaps with fewer steps. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Grace,

Michael Burer
    Dallas Theological Seminary

I am going to be getting a new laptop in a week or so and (of course!) want to install BW on it. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about the process so that my new install is exactly like the one on my current laptop (with the same settings, preferences, notes, etc.)?
    Hi Michael

If you have high speed internet access on the new laptop, I would think that it would be fastest to just go ahead and run the install, then run the updates via the internet. If not, then hopefully you have saved the updates on your previous machine. (Look in your Bibleworks directory, under Patches). You will need to copy these over, then go one by one, double clicking each one to do the update.

Also, I would be sure to copy over any custom note files, vls files, bna files etc. that you have saved on your system. Be sure to copy them to the appropriate directories so that BW can easily be configured to point in the right direction.

Last, but not least, copy over your bw600.ini file into the Windows directory on the new machine. This contains all your custom settings. You might need to edit it before running bw if the new machine has different drive letters than your current machine.

That's all I can think of at the moment.
    Maranatha!
    Don Johnson
    Pastor
    aaaaaGrace Baptist Church of Victoria
    aaaaaVictoria, BC
    Jeremiah 33.3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.

Default More Info

Check out this post:

http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sho...66&postcount=2

Maybe Charlie could add this to the Installation - FAQ forum, since this seems to come up often.
    Joe Fleener

jfleener@digitalexegesis.com
    Home Page: www.digitalexegesis.com
    Blog: http://emethaletheia.blogspot.com/

Annotated Bibliography of Online Research Tools: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibliography

User Created BibleWorks Modules: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibleworks

Psalm 46:11
    `#r<a'(B' ~Wra' ~yIAGB; ~Wra' ~yhi_l{a/ ykinOa'-yKi W[d>W WPr>h;