Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X-Refs not working

1. Unhappy X-Refs not working

Dear BibleWorks staff, (it seems like a type of lovely irony, as I have been asking for a particular feature in the X-Refs, but.....)

Since applying this afternoon's 8.0.005v and w updates, my X-Refs has been unresponsive. The Analysis window does not change from whatever I had last had appear in it (all other 9 analysis tabs are responsive). No drop-down menu listing X-Refs options, nothing (zilch, nada, etc.).

Since there are only a few of the features listed in the drop-down for the X-Refs that are yet 'populated,' it's not much of an issue....but I thought you'd like to know.
    In Him, Bennett B. Wethered
    Pastor, Dayspring Orthodox Presbyterian Church
    Warrenton/New Baltimore, Virginia
    www.dayspringopc.org

Default Analysis Window Unresponsive

I, too, have had a similar problem. My X-refs don't work , and the Resource Summary tab is unresponsive. Before I applied the patch, my X-refs worked okay, but the Resource Summary tab was not working.

3. Default

A little while ago I checked for any newer updates. I saw 2 new ones, x and y. Both had descriptions, with the x (appropriately enough) referring to items being put into the X-Refs (You're right, Michael. It looks like some nice stuff ).

Unfortunately, having applied both updates, I still have a fully unresponsive X-Refs. I have hope, however, since the update shows that the BW 'powers-that-be' are at work in this area.
    www.dayspringopc.org

Default Disappearing x-ref

After spending all day adding cross references, I loaded the latest update, and the cross references stopped working. I restored the previous version .005v.1 and they worked again. Trying to fix the display of the option window must have broken something in the x-ref window. "butterfly effect?" At least all the references are still there just couldn't display them.
    SkipB

"Ambitious to be well-pleasing unto him"
    RJ Blackburn
    Reformed Episcopal Seminary

http://www.reseminary.edu

Quote Originally Posted by SkipB View Post
    ... I restored the previous version .005v.1 and they worked again. ...
    I've made this a personal "best practices" since they instituted it. It becomes an excellent safeguard during times of transitions like these.
    Last edited by SCSaunders; 01-14-2009 at 08:06 AM.

Default Oops

Quote Originally Posted by SCSaunders View Post
    I've made this a personal "best practices" since they instituted it. It becomes an excellent safeguard during times of transitions like these.
    We just posted a fix for the broken X-Refs. Sorry bout that.

FYI every time a version number changes a program checkpoint is stored (this can be turned off). So you can always revert. You shouldn't have to save a checkpoint manually.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post

FYI every time a version number changes a program checkpoint is stored (this can be turned off). So you can always revert. You shouldn't have to save a checkpoint manually.

Mike
    I had noticed that, even this morning when checking. But I like the redundancy. You guys have made this extremely simple, so I don't mind investing .0397 seconds.

8. Default

I have just installed the most recent X-Refs update (which says "Oops"), and I can now access the X-Refs again. The WCS part is still empty (saying [No data for this verse] when I know there should be), but I can get to it now.

Michael Bushell, for what its worth, I'd put the access to the other various confessional statements by way of Miscellaneous rather than Backgrounds, as I think the latter is appropriate for sources that somehow serve as background for the biblical text and its period, rather than later confessional statements (many of which do connect to individual Scriptural verses).
    www.dayspringopc.org

Default Resources Summary Tab not updating

The X-refs work. Thank you!

Anyone else having problems with the Resources Summary Tab not updating?

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Sommer View Post
    Anyone else having problems with the Resources Summary Tab not updating?
    This is a problem in 7 as well. I was hoping it had been fixed in 8. FYI, BW Staff, unless you have the Resource Summary Window open and active, it doesn't update when you change verses in the Browse Window. IOW, if you move to another verse in the Browse Window while the Word Analysis Window is active, the Resource Summary Window is not updated when you switch to it; you have to manually move back/forward in order to get it to update.