Thread: X-Refs not working

Hybrid View

1. Unhappy X-Refs not working

Dear BibleWorks staff, (it seems like a type of lovely irony, as I have been asking for a particular feature in the X-Refs, but.....)

Since applying this afternoon's 8.0.005v and w updates, my X-Refs has been unresponsive. The Analysis window does not change from whatever I had last had appear in it (all other 9 analysis tabs are responsive). No drop-down menu listing X-Refs options, nothing (zilch, nada, etc.).

Since there are only a few of the features listed in the drop-down for the X-Refs that are yet 'populated,' it's not much of an issue....but I thought you'd like to know.
    In Him, Bennett B. Wethered
    Pastor, Dayspring Orthodox Presbyterian Church
    Warrenton/New Baltimore, Virginia
    www.dayspringopc.org

Default Analysis Window Unresponsive

I, too, have had a similar problem. My X-refs don't work , and the Resource Summary tab is unresponsive. Before I applied the patch, my X-refs worked okay, but the Resource Summary tab was not working.

3. Default

A little while ago I checked for any newer updates. I saw 2 new ones, x and y. Both had descriptions, with the x (appropriately enough) referring to items being put into the X-Refs (You're right, Michael. It looks like some nice stuff ).

Unfortunately, having applied both updates, I still have a fully unresponsive X-Refs. I have hope, however, since the update shows that the BW 'powers-that-be' are at work in this area.
    In Him, Bennett B. Wethered
    Pastor, Dayspring Orthodox Presbyterian Church
    Warrenton/New Baltimore, Virginia
    www.dayspringopc.org

Default Disappearing x-ref

After spending all day adding cross references, I loaded the latest update, and the cross references stopped working. I restored the previous version .005v.1 and they worked again. Trying to fix the display of the option window must have broken something in the x-ref window. "butterfly effect?" At least all the references are still there just couldn't display them.
    SkipB

"Ambitious to be well-pleasing unto him"
    RJ Blackburn
    Reformed Episcopal Seminary

http://www.reseminary.edu

Quote Originally Posted by SkipB View Post
    ... I restored the previous version .005v.1 and they worked again. ...
    I've made this a personal "best practices" since they instituted it. It becomes an excellent safeguard during times of transitions like these.
    Last edited by SCSaunders; 01-14-2009 at 08:06 AM.

Default Oops

Quote Originally Posted by SCSaunders View Post
    I've made this a personal "best practices" since they instituted it. It becomes an excellent safeguard during times of transitions like these.
    We just posted a fix for the broken X-Refs. Sorry bout that.

FYI every time a version number changes a program checkpoint is stored (this can be turned off). So you can always revert. You shouldn't have to save a checkpoint manually.

Mike