Thread: Who needs...

Default Who needs...

...a sophisticated Bible program? John Bunyan did this on his Commodore 64 while looking up the Scripture references in BibleWorks 1.0 (or earlier) --

http://www.mountzion.org/johnbunyan/text/bun-map.pdf

Now then, can anyone tell me how to print this in portions, i.e., so that, say, only about a third or quarter of the map is printed on one page, the second third or fourth on the next page, etc.? I know I can crop and cut and make three or four different sections, but I'd like to know if there is a way (or a program), that simply allows me to print portions at a time.
    Last edited by Adelphos; 01-12-2009 at 03:29 PM.

I no longer use adobe reader but if I recall you should be able to adjust the scaling and print it that way across multiple pages.

If that fails, convert it to an image and send it to the rasterbator http://homokaasu.org/rasterbator/ They'll do the work and send you back the PDF designed to print across multiple pages.

Quote Originally Posted by pasquale View Post
    Hi Adelphos,
    is this image under copywrite????

ciao pasquale
    No, it is not under copyright. It is public domain.

Quote Originally Posted by tcblack View Post
    I no longer use adobe reader but if I recall you should be able to adjust the scaling and print it that way across multiple pages.

If that fails, convert it to an image and send it to the rasterbator http://homokaasu.org/rasterbator/ They'll do the work and send you back the PDF designed to print across multiple pages.
    Thanks, Thomas. I'll try it.

Default A Possible Way

Scott,

Convert it to a picture (e.g., png file). Import it into MS Excel. Go to print layout view and create as many pages (slices) as you want. Size the picture as you want. Center the picture as you want. Format excel (background) the way you want.

Print the page/slice that you want.

My scanner is not working, or I'd show you the "slice" that I was able to get.

Download An Example Here

*Use the "free" buttons in RapidShare to download.

Quote Originally Posted by SCSaunders View Post
    Download An Example Here

*Use the "free" buttons in RapidShare to download.
    Thanks, Scott. I thought of Excel after I posted, but I was curious to know if there was a program that sort of specialized in this kind of thing. But you've made it simple for me with your download. That works pretty much like I want it.

PS Thomas: I tried the rasterbator but it doesn't accept files larger than 1 mb, and this particular image is just over 1 mb, otherwise I think it would have been what I'm looking for. That was the online version. I haven't tried the download version, which I will later when I have more time.
    Last edited by Adelphos; 01-12-2009 at 06:56 PM.