Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Prior Unlock Code?

Default Prior Unlock Code?

Anyone have a problem with a previously purchased unlock code? My BDAG unlock code that I've used since BW5 or BW6 has too many characters. I sent an email to BW about it, but wondered if anyone else had this problem.

My unlock code has this format XXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
    while Version 8 wants 5 sets of just 4 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Anyone have a problem with a previously purchased unlock code? My BDAG unlock code that I've used since BW5 or BW6 has too many characters. I sent an email to BW about it, but wondered if anyone else had this problem.

My unlock code has this format XXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
    while Version 8 wants 5 sets of just 4 characters.
    Yep, v.8 uses different unlock codes for your previously purchased modules. I got an email from BibleWorks prior to receiving my shipment, with updated codes for all my modules. Did you not get an email like this?
    Steve Watkins
    First Baptist Church, San Lorenzo Valley
    www.slvbaptist.org

I also received an email with updated codes.

Dave
    David Spear
    Calvary Chapel of Manassas
    Manassas, Va. 20110
    http://www.calvarychapelmanassas.org/
    KJV Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without (apart from) the deeds of the law.

Yes, I did get the email but it did not include my BDAG - just the unlocks that were included in BW7.

For some reason they must not have record of this purchase for me. Thankfully I have the original envelope and card that came with it.
    Last edited by Eric; 01-11-2009 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Corrected Tbankfjlly to Thankfully! - iPhone error

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Yes, I did get the email but it did not include my BDAG - just the unlocks that were included in BW7.

For some reason they must not have record of this purchase for me. Tbankfjlly I have the original envelope and card that came with it.
    Yeah, with that, you should be able to call them and get it all straightened out.
    Steve Watkins
    First Baptist Church, San Lorenzo Valley
    www.slvbaptist.org

Default Prior Unlock Code?

I'm still puzzled by this. I have BW7 unlock keys for HALOT, BDAG and APNT, and not only have ! not received new codes for them for BW8 (not too worrying just yet, as I ony received BW8 yesterday afternoon and today is Sunday), but as far as I can make out the databases themselves for these are not on the BW8 DVD and there seems no obvious way of getting hold of them. And as Eric pointed out above, the old BW7 keys (5-character groups) won't fit into the 4-character spaces on the BW8 form - not that it would have achieved anything if the databases are not present.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Syed View Post
    I'm still puzzled by this. I have BW7 unlock keys for HALOT, BDAG and APNT, and not only have ! not received new codes for them for BW8 (not too worrying just yet, as I ony received BW8 yesterday afternoon and today is Sunday), but as far as I can make out the databases themselves for these are not on the BW8 DVD and there seems no obvious way of getting hold of them. And as Eric pointed out above, the old BW7 keys (5-character groups) won't fit into the 4-character spaces on the BW8 form - not that it would have achieved anything if the databases are not present.
    All databases are indeed on the BW8 DVD. So no worries about that. If you haven't received the codes you believe you needed (i.e. whatever you're missing) you can either be patient and give it a few more days or call or email their support during normal business hours. It may be a bit more of a challenge for you this way, but unfortunately BibleWorks as a company had to take more aggressive steps to protect their products because of piracy.
    Last edited by Michael Hanel; 01-11-2009 at 03:22 PM.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel View Post
    If you haven't received the codes you believe you needed
    The codes WE believe we needed? That sounds a bit condescending, as if there's a good chance WE could be mistaken. Maybe that's not how you meant it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
    The codes WE believe we needed? That sounds a bit condescending, as if there's a good chance WE could be mistaken. Maybe that's not how you meant it, though.
    Well it's a good thing I'm not in any customer service dept then. Listen to what I mean, not what I say
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Looks like the unlock codes I received were for the wrong modules.....