Thread: Reading through the Greek NT in a year.

Default Reading through the Greek NT in a year.

Ok, so I have not yet recieved my copy of BW8 (I did not get mine priority shipped) so I am only speaking to what I have read about. I know that BW8 has a daily scripture reading that will pop up on a daily basis, and with this I believe you can read the scripture in Greek and Hebrew. I would like to start, within the next few months, reading through my Greek NT, my goal would be to do this fully in one year (about a chapter a day) with these daily Bible Readings that come with BW8 I don't believe you can chose you text and I am not certain whether you can make it to give you the appropriate material to get through it in a year. However, I am aware of other charts for my personal use that I can use, I was wondering like the daily Bible readings for BW8, is there a module that would automatically pop up a scripture reading on a daily basis? I have not seen one on the unofficial Bibleworks site as of yet. If not what is the feesability of creating one for BW7 or 8 (I will have 8 shortly, once it ships) I am willing to put forth some time and work on this, but do not know what I am doing so would need some guiding assistence. I also have charts in a MS word format.
    Chris Sansom
    M. Div. Concordia Seminary
    Google+
    Facebook!
    LibraryThing!

A whole year?

Lightweight.

(That's a joke, btw. Though after you read Greek 35+ years, it doesn't take as long... especially with BW's happy pop-ups!)

(Now I deserve to have someone respond, "'Pop-ups'? Lightweight.")
    Dan Phillips
    Books:Web presence:
    tfo+[]l;w> hw"hy> tr:AT-ta, vArd>li Abb'l. !ykihe ar"z>[, yKi

s `jP'(v.miW qxo laer"f.yIB. dMel;l.W

Quote Originally Posted by pasquale View Post
    Now it works..... with errors!!!!!!!!!!!!

First columns start with WTT (genesis), but after go to GNT (Matthew)?????

I don't know why it!!!!

bohhhhhhhh
    Thank You, I found this most helpful. I would like to know how to make something like this, especially for the other months. I am assuming that the Bibleworks Help files may give me some help. My one problem that I found, is that it simply continued the pattern throughout the month, so when we came to Jan. 31 we were supposed to be reading the 31st chapter of Matthew. However, looking at the big picture I think this was a miner problem that I can probably work out on my own. Thank You.
    Chris Sansom
    Google+
    Facebook!
    LibraryThing!

Default Thank You

Thank You, I will add this and play around with it. When I begin my daily readings, it will probably be in BW8, since I am as of yet not quite done with my yearly reading of the English Bible. This will help me a lot.
    Chris Sansom
    Google+
    Facebook!
    LibraryThing!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Phillips View Post
    (Now I deserve to have someone respond, "'Pop-ups'? Lightweight.")
    I don't know about "Pop-ups," but light doesn't have weight. It's a massless wave-form particle.

Now ... after a trumped-up, shenanigans preamble - congrats on being included in BW8's ERMIE list of blogs! Your "Pyromanics" one made the inaugural list. I use "inaugural" because I live 11 miles from the nation's capital and the roads are going to be more plugged than my internal pipes are after consuming a 12 pound cheese wheel.