Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BW8 Tabs?

Default BW8 Tabs?

Is it possible to name or rename the tabs in BW8? I use them extensively, but frequently lose their individualized functionality because a) I can't remember what I was using it for or b) accidentally end up using the tab for something else.

Naming them would be quite useful.
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Spackman View Post
    Is it possible to name or rename the tabs in BW8? I use them extensively, but frequently lose their individualized functionality because a) I can't remember what I was using it for or b) accidentally end up using the tab for something else. Naming them would be quite useful.
    As best I know, they have added CL capability to the tabs so that you can switch between tabs from the CL, but as yet I don't believe there is a way to name them.

This is a feature request that's been around for awhile, so I suspect after BW8 ships and they take some time to work out the kinks, we can resubmit this request. I think it would be a great enhancement.

Wink I can see it now

Tab1=> Sunday morning
    Tab2=> Rabbit trail 1
    Tab3=> Rabbit trail 2
    Tab4 => Sunday night
    Tab5 => Obscure rabbit trail
    Tab6=> Wed night
    Tab7=>yup more rabbit trails
    Tab8=>Personal rabbit trail
    Tab9-12=>more rabbit trails

Hey can I get more tabs? ;-)

Wink Will the BW8 tabs allow pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by tcblack View Post
    Tab1=> Sunday morning
    Tab2=> Rabbit trail 1
    Tab3=> Rabbit trail 2
    Tab4 => Sunday night
    Tab5 => Obscure rabbit trail
    Tab6=> Wed night
    Tab7=>yup more rabbit trails
    Tab8=>Personal rabbit trail
    Tab9-12=>more rabbit trails

Hey can I get more tabs? ;-)
    Hey - can I put pictures on my tabs?

I have spoken time and again with friends on our many "rabbit trails". It is a great metaphor that keeps dialogue on track. And just recently I've moved to northern Wisconsin where the "rabbit trail" metaphor has truly come alive. Neither the deep cold nor the deep snow around my new house has been able to slow down the neighborhood rabbit. I've taken lots of rabbit trail pictures, for the snow has let me see many rabbit trails (and very rarely - the rabbit!). Here is one backyard rabbit trail where the rabbit hop did a 180-degree turn.

Enjoy!

Steve K
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Tab strategies

You can "get more tabs" by saving and reloading tabs. Place your cursor on a tab, then right-click to open the tabs context menu. Select "Save Tabs to Disk" to save the tabs. Name them as you wish.

Then when you want to load a different tab set, open the tabs context menu and select "Load Tabs from Disk." In this way you can have as many tab sets as you wish. Lots of tabs for rabbit trails!

(And yes, rabbits do double-back on their tracks.)
    Glenn Weaver

For technical support, please contact Customer Support.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Weaver View Post
    You can "get more tabs" by saving and reloading tabs. Place your cursor on a tab, then right-click to open the tabs context menu. Select "Save Tabs to Disk" to save the tabs. Name them as you wish.
    What Ben and I are talking about is tab labels, i.e., instead of 1, 2, 3, etc., we would like to give the tabs display names so that we can keep track of which tab is performing which function merely by looking at the label we've given it.

Quote Originally Posted by S_Kolk View Post
    Hey - can I put pictures on my tabs?

I have spoken time and again with friends on our many "rabbit trails". It is a great metaphor that keeps dialogue on track. And just recently I've moved to northern Wisconsin where the "rabbit trail" metaphor has truly come alive. Neither the deep cold nor the deep snow around my new house has been able to slow down the neighborhood rabbit. I've taken lots of rabbit trail pictures, for the snow has let me see many rabbit trails (and very rarely - the rabbit!). Here is one backyard rabbit trail where the rabbit hop did a 180-degree turn.

Enjoy!

Steve K
    There's a row of trees along my backyard that nests a "neighbor" whose a bit brutal to rabbits on trails.
    Last edited by SCSaunders; 12-29-2008 at 02:00 PM. Reason: stuttering issues

Default Back from the "rabbit trail"

Ben,
    I think some patience and persistence might bring some results. I'm hopeful with what I've seen in BW8. I've noticed that a mouse-over of the numbered tabs brings up a ballon description such as "This is an empty tab" or "No search string defined". It sometimes displays the last search, but it seems to lose it easily. I'll have to keep watching to see how it really works.

How about if the tabs stay numbered (#1-#12), and the right-click shortcut menu had an item added for "Name this tab" or "Tab Title". If the tab were named, it would display in a mouse-over balloon. I think this would be a good solution--most titles (like were trailed off on above ) are more than one or two characters, compared to the numerals 1 through 12. Long titles would mean you could either only see a few letters of the title or only see a couple tabs.

Would this suffice your wishes?

That's something I hadn't thought of, but it would work for me too, and probably cause fewer problems. Naming tabs would make them irregularly spaced.
    Ben