Thread: copy and paste

Hybrid View

Default copy and paste

Hi all,

I'm having hard time copy Korean text from BW7 and paste to any documents. I can copy Korean texts but the copied content become broken after pasting in documents. I don't know if any of you have the same issue.

JYK

No. I don’t have any problem at all with KOR in BW7. In fact my OS is adjusted to handle Korean. But I experienced some difficulty with Unicode Hebrew for my MS Word 2003 (now 2007), and resolved the difficulty by following through “Fonts and Keyboard Issues,” found in BW Customer Support FAQs, Troubleshooting.

I do not know much about the inside-workings of the OS or MS Word, but perhaps you might check and see if you have Korean fonts installed. If you don’t have them, go to http://blog.naver.com/jelong/30025740548, get some free “downloads” and install Korean fonts. Maybe, that’ll do it.

Regards.

Default pleas push 'inser'key

Push 'insert'key!!

and you can see changing green to red.

then copy the korean and paste.

it will not break any more

Quote Originally Posted by landuk View Post
    Push 'insert'key!!

and you can see changing green to red.

then copy the korean and paste.

it will not break any more
    I don’t think I exactly know what you mean by “Push ‘Insert’ key.” But I suppose you mean Command Line search input, since you mention blinking green square changing to red one. So you now know how to search Korean Bible using CL in BW7. In fact you can type in the search string when the red square blinks, like <.예수*>. Well, I gave up using KOR or KRV for any search operation because of their limitations in usage. For instance, KOR or KRV will not work for Graphic Search Engine.

In fact I gave up using Korean Bible in BW because of other severe limitations. For one thing, only one version is offered in BW8, and that is KRV (1961). KOR and KRV are the same version with slight typographical variations. And KRV will not respond to KWIC/Collocation Table, Word List Manager, etc. Another example would be to do a search on CL and to view Detailed Stats of the search result in BW7. If you search for “Ihsous” in GNM you will get all instances of “Jesus” regardless of case variations, and the Stats will show a true picture of “Jesus.” But this is not possible with KOR because there is no way of searching for all the occurrences of “예수” in a single search operation, and that is because there is no morphology database for KOR. So I did not even bother to know more about IME which appears at the upper right-hand corner of CL in BW8 instead of the blinking green square in BW7.

I suppose it would be expecting too much if we wanted KRV to be as versatile as GNT in BW, because naturally there are not so many users of KRV as those of GNT, for instance, and I believe development funds normally flow to where the need is greater.

I am now using the revised version (1998) of KRV (1961), and I only occasionally glance at KRV in BW8 to see how it translates a word or a verse in GNT.

For Korean Bibles, I use “CD-ROM 성경 v.2” issued by Korean Bible Society. Program versatility is very limited compared to BW, of course, but it offers seven different versions with all the basic utilities including simple search operations. The seven versions are old and revised versions of each of the three main translations: traditional protestant translation (1961, 1998), Catholic and Protestant joint translation (1977, 1999), a new translation (1993, 2001), and a Korean and Sino-Korean mixed version (2005).. All of these versions can be viewed at the same time just as in BW. And the CD is very inexpensive and runs flawlessly.

Regards.
    Last edited by Yaku Lee; 04-22-2010 at 01:24 AM.