Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: great bible teaching/sermons

Default great bible teaching/sermons

Can anyone recommend some good exegetical lectures/sermons online?
    IN CHRIST
    GCALTON

This should get you started...

That should give you a good start
    -- Richard

"Contend earnestly for the faith that was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 3 (ESV)

Default Textweek

Links to just about everything start at Textweek
    Use the Scripture index to find what you need
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman
    Professor of Biblical Studies
    Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg
    ltsg.edu - CrossMarks.com
    Biblical Studies and Technological Tools

Andy Naselli also has a great bunch of links to resources up.
    Dan Phillips
    Books:Web presence:
    tfo+[]l;w> hw"hy> tr:AT-ta, vArd>li Abb'l. !ykihe ar"z>[, yKi

s `jP'(v.miW qxo laer"f.yIB. dMel;l.W

(Image Linked to DTS)
    *New Videos Added Regularly.

(Image Linked to My Pastor's Sermons)
    *Start w. most recent [e.g., Jan 11, 2009] and work backwards. JMHO.
    Last edited by SCSaunders; 01-14-2009 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Update date with subsequent date

Quote Originally Posted by gcalton View Post
    Can anyone recommend some good exegetical lectures/sermons online?
    Probably not what you're looking for, but just in case it is...

John Bunyan could read neither Hebrew nor Greek, yet he knew more of the Word of God than all the Greek and Hebrew scholars for the past two thousand years combined. And then some. Nor is that hyperbole or exaggeration, for if you believe the following statement is true...

"To understand a Bible text it takes an act of the Holy Spirit equal to the act that inspired the text in the first place. A revelation of the Holy Spirit in one glorious flash of inward illumination would teach you more of Jesus than five years in a theological seminary." A. W. Tozer, The Tozer Pulpit, Vol II

...then you will find that John Bunyan is unequaled in the annals of Christianity for expository and exegetical preaching and teaching. You can read many of his most notable works on my website at --

http://www.lamblion.net/EBooks/ebooks.htm

Default Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Phillips View Post
    Andy Naselli also has a great bunch of links to resources up.

I thought that I had all I needed when it came to sites, yet looking at this one surprised me on how good it was. There was even a plethora of material in MP3 form, from DA Carson.
    Chris Sansom
    M. Div. Concordia Seminary
    Google+
    Facebook!
    LibraryThing!

Quote Originally Posted by Sansom48 View Post
    .... There was even a plethora of material in MP3 form, from DA Carson.
    Dr. S. Lewis Johnson ain't half bad either Life of Samson.

Default Another Excellent Expository Preacher Online

Can't believe I forgot this one. But Immanuel Bible Church, my family's church, has been blessed by the proverbial "lightning striking twice."

Our current Pastor, Dr. Ron Jones, is an excellent expository preacher (see post above). Just got a church email, next Sunday's lesson is on the sanctity of life. I know it will be electrifying (work with me).

Likewise, our former Pastor's preaching jigawatts can power a flux capacitor ("Back to the Future" anyone?). He went from our church to become President of Moody Bible Institute. He's now on preaching staff somewhere in Kentucky I believe it is.

Michael Easley

*Image Linked to Online Resource
    Last edited by SCSaunders; 01-14-2009 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Honest to God: It's not a lie to say I hate spelling.

Quote Originally Posted by SCSaunders View Post
    Can't believe I forgot this one. But Immanuel Bible Church, my family's church, has been blessed by the proverbial "lightning striking twice."

Our current Pastor, Dr. Ron Jones, is an excellent expository preacher (see post above). Just got a church email, next Sunday's lesson is on the sanctity of life. I know it will be electrifying (work with me).

Likewise, our former Pastor's preaching jigawatts can power a flux capacitor ("Back to the Future" anyone?). He went from our church to become President of Mood Bible Institute. He's now on preaching staff somewhere in Kentucky I believe it is.
    If I get a chance I may have to look at this, as long as I don't get stuck in the 50's. And we all hope that he doesn't get his sermon ideas after he, while attempting to hang a picture in the bathroom slips and hits his head on the toilet.
    Chris Sansom
    M. Div. Concordia Seminary
    Google+
    Facebook!
    LibraryThing!