Thread: Dragged Hebrew: sometimes left, sometimes right

Question Dragged Hebrew: sometimes left, sometimes right

I have two BW profiles. In one of them, if I select a Hebrew word or phrase and drag it over to the User Notes, it is left-justified - which is what I want. I'm then able to do Ctrl+D, and insert whatever comment I meant to make.

In the other, it is right-justified, and inserts a hard-enter (i.e. a paragraph) - which is not what I want. I have to delete the paragraph-breaks, left-align, and then Ctrl+D and type my comment.

I've gone all over the settings for both profiles, and don't see any difference. What do I need to change?
    Dan Phillips
    Books:Web presence:
    tfo+[]l;w> hw"hy> tr:AT-ta, vArd>li Abb'l. !ykihe ar"z>[, yKi

s `jP'(v.miW qxo laer"f.yIB. dMel;l.W

καὶ νῦν βύμπομαι
    Dan Phillips

Exclamation ἄναβυμπων

Okay boys, I'm going to keep periodically ὑπωπιάζων with this, crying out by day and by night, until (A) some poor soul is either moved by compassion or just irritated into pointing me in the right direction, or (B) I get my BW8 and it isn't an issue anymore.
    Dan Phillips

Dan,

I use MS Word 2007 (I'm considering switching to OneNote) and not the editor or user notes. Can't help - but I would if I could.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Phillips View Post
    Okay boys, I'm going to keep periodically ὑπωπιάζων with this, crying out by day and by night, until (A) some poor soul is either moved by compassion or just irritated into pointing me in the right direction, or (B) I get my BW8 and it isn't an issue anymore.
    Have you tried staring at your navel to relieve yourself from ὑπωπιάζων ?

I can't duplicate your problem, but I can control the justification in my user notes with Ctrl-L, Ctrl-R, and so on, i.e., just like Word. So if you have your text right justified and you want it left justified, you can just hit Ctrl-L and that should clear up your problem. If not, you need to contact customer support and see if they can reveal anything.

Thanks Scott and yes, I know how to justify text. The problem is that when I select some Hebrew and drag it to User notes, even though I have that set to left-justify by default, it drags as right-justified AND adds another blank line. But it hasn't always done that. It has dragged left-justified, which is what I want, so I don't have to do the extra steps before adding comment.

So it has done it, it isn't, and I need to know how to make it.
    Dan Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Phillips View Post
    ...it drags as right-justified AND adds another blank line. But it hasn't always done that.
    When you select the Hebrew text, 1) make sure you begin at the end of the line, and 2) make sure you select the text exactly and only so far as you need.

IOW, you can select an extra space/char without knowing it. It is very touchy. It looks like you have selected only the text you need when in fact you have gone one space/char farther.

When you select only that portion that you actually need, it left-justifies, whereas if you select the extra space/char, it right-justifies.