Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ship date?

Nnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Unhappy

Mike,
    Thanks for letting us know. Though I am saddened by this, I suppose it will just keep me humble for a few more days .

By the way, I can appreciate how you do not charge the credit cards until the ship date. Not many businesses do that for their customers.

You're still the best!

Peace,
    Rev. Aaron Kesson, Pastor
    Emmanuel United Methodist Church
    Blissfield, Michigan
    http://www.blissfieldeumc.org

MDiv - Asbury Theological Seminary
    MA(Counseling)-Spring Arbor University

BibleWorks 9 User

Blog - http://www.aaronkesson.com

"Mhdei,j sou th/j neo,thtoj katafronei,tw( avlla. tu,poj gi,nou tw/n pistw/n evn lo,gw|( evn avnastrofh/|( evn avga,ph|( evn pi,stei( evn a`gnei,a|"
    -1 Tim. 4:12

Default Thanks for the update

This must be far more frustrating to the BibleWorks staff than to we, the users. We're all disappointed, but it seems there is nothing more you could do about it. These things happen. Once we do get the upgrade, it won't make any difference.

We do very much appreciate the updates. It is better to know what's happening than to be left in the dark. We appreciate your being up front with us. I think the users of BibleWorks have a real partnership with the company. We really appreciate the product and the company behind it. You are a model of great business practice and we all benefit from that.

But I still can't wait for my copy to arrive!

Dudes, my Exegesis course for seminary starts this Monday, and I don't have BW7, so I can't exactly get by with it and wait for the BW8 upgrade. BTW, it's a one week intensive, so if BW8 doesn't arrive, I'm not sure what'll happen. Please pray that my prof, classmates and I don't flip out.

Default Yuck

Well that is disappointing. I think I'll quit thinking about it until it arrives. Then it will be a suprise.

Default Delays are OK

Mike,

No apology necessary. Reminds me of the defense Jesus offered for the woman who anointed Him with oil. "Let her alone...She has done what she could" (Mark 14:8). You've done what you could too and I have to believe everyone understands that. Have a great New Year's day!

There are a lot of loyal users out here, waiting with excitement for the next installment of the best Bible software on any platform. Whether BibleWorks 8 is delivered tomorrow or sometime next week, we will all be grateful for your labor of love and patience with us. Thanks.

I'm just glad I paid the extra 20 bucks for the BW7 now, BW8 later plan. I wanted to make sure it was charged to last year's budget. Plus, I've been able to play around with version 7 a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by mileskor View Post
    Dudes, my Exegesis course for seminary starts this Monday, and I don't have BW7, so I can't exactly get by with it and wait for the BW8 upgrade. BTW, it's a one week intensive, so if BW8 doesn't arrive, I'm not sure what'll happen. Please pray that my prof, classmates and I don't flip out.
    Mike,
    One solution would be for you to borrow a BW7 disk from a classmate and install it just for the class. We have no problem with that in this special circumstance. Then when BW8 arrives you just uninstall 7 (which you have to do anyway). As I told you in a private e-mail, if you will send us the name and e-mail of your prof we'll contact him and see if a solution can be had for your entire class without costing anyone an arm and a leg. We are willing to do all that we can to help, but people have to realize that shipping estimates are always estimates done in good faith. There are a ton of things over which we have no control, especially in Decemeber when many businesses become very congested. As it is we are missing the target by only a week, which, if you knew what is involved, would be impressive. In the mean time I'll just tell you what a young child told me recently - "chill out - no need getting stressed over things you can't control - and God is in charge anyway." It's humbling when a child asks if you really belive that :-)

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    In the mean time I'll just tell you what a young child told me recently - "chill out - no need getting stressed over things you can't control - and God is in charge anyway." It's humbling when a child asks if you really belive that :-)

Mike
    Amen to that!

I'm sure I speak for all when I say: I hate it when that happens!

The logic of canceling an order for something we really want because someone else screwed up, though, totally escapes me. I mean: because we won't get it as soon as hoped, cancel it, and get it... never?

Maybe you'd understand, but I wouldn't. It's worth waiting for.

It's just that we don't want to!

Hope you don't get any cancellations. You shouldn't!
    Dan Phillips
    Books:Web presence:
    tfo+[]l;w> hw"hy> tr:AT-ta, vArd>li Abb'l. !ykihe ar"z>[, yKi

s `jP'(v.miW qxo laer"f.yIB. dMel;l.W