Thread: LXX verses with idou but "NOT" with hinne in Hebrew

Default LXX verses with idou but "NOT" with hinne in Hebrew

Can anyone help me create a search that finds all verses in BGT with IDOU but where in WTT the word hinne does not occur? The attached search I attempted in ASE does not work (it seems to find ALL verses in the entire Bible).

Thanks!

Nick
    Attached Files Attached Files

Have you considered using the Parallel Hebrew and LXX tool? You should be able to find the verses there relatively quickly.

Actually, upon reading your post again. You want places where idou is not used for hinneh. If you exported the verse list from such a search with a search of all idou's in the LXX, you could cull the list quickly to get what you were after.
    Last edited by Michael Hanel; 12-27-2008 at 03:47 PM.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Quote Originally Posted by NickBailey View Post
    Can anyone help me create a search that finds all verses in BGT with IDOU but where in WTT the word hinne does not occur? The attached search I attempted in ASE does not work (it seems to find ALL verses in the entire Bible).
    You've got the wrong box NOTed. Remove the NOT in the top box and then NOT the box with hinne in it.

This will mostly give you the results you want, except when hinne has a vav or other letter appended to it, or if it's in a different form.

Scott (Adelphos) and Michael, thanks for the responses. They were both very helpful. Nick