Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Bibleworks Vocabulary Modules and Spaced Repetition Software

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1

    Default Bibleworks Vocabulary Modules and Spaced Repetition Software

    I'm wondering if anyone out there has attempted to export Bibleworks Vocabulary files into other flashcard programs. Specifically, I would like to use the Bibleworks Hebrew and Greek Vocabulary lists in a spaced-repetition program like Anki (http://ichi2.net/anki/).

    Thanks in advance for your help!

    Eric

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1

    Default Greek cards

    I have no experience using Anki, but got curious when I read your post. I was able to find a greek file with 1200 cards online at http://sites.google.com/site/ankiandbbg/Home
    Don't know if this is of any help, but at least you've got the link...

    BTW: Thanks for making me aware of this program! I'm looking forward to use it!

    Johan

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by efredric View Post
    I'm wondering if anyone out there has attempted to export Bibleworks Vocabulary files into other flashcard programs. Specifically, I would like to use the Bibleworks Hebrew and Greek Vocabulary lists in a spaced-repetition program like Anki (http://ichi2.net/anki/).

    Thanks in advance for your help!

    Eric

    I am a former user of SuperMemo and a current user of Anki. I used the flashcard lists from BW in SuperMemo to memorize the Greek of the book of John and about half of the vocabulary of Acts. I ended up not liking the method too much.

    I am now pursuing an alternative vocabulary learning method which still uses BW and Anki. (Greek to Greek and Hebrew to Hebrew flashcards are my goal).

    If you still want to know how I imported the vocabulary lists from Bibleworks into SuperMemo (this will work for Anki, too), or if you want my vocab lists, just message me back on here. (As long as BW doesn't get mad at me!)

    Anki also allows for online deck sharing and collaboration, so perhaps we could get something started on the forums here.

    I'm glad to know there are other BW users out there who are also Anki users. Personally, I think Bibleworks should replace its vocab program with Anki!

  4. #4

    Thumbs up Amen for Anki

    Quote Originally Posted by KramerK View Post
    ... I am now pursuing an alternative vocabulary learning method which still uses BW and Anki. (Greek to Greek and Hebrew to Hebrew flashcards are my goal). ... Anki also allows for online deck sharing and collaboration, so perhaps we could get something started on the forums here.
    Anki looks really, really good. I've never heard of either of these programs until this thread, but in a quick and cursory googling, I think Anki stands out. I'm definitely going to give this a whirl. Much thanks.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KramerK View Post
    I am a former user of SuperMemo and a current user of Anki. I used the flashcard lists from BW in SuperMemo to memorize the Greek of the book of John and about half of the vocabulary of Acts. I ended up not liking the method too much.

    I am now pursuing an alternative vocabulary learning method which still uses BW and Anki. (Greek to Greek and Hebrew to Hebrew flashcards are my goal).

    If you still want to know how I imported the vocabulary lists from Bibleworks into SuperMemo (this will work for Anki, too), or if you want my vocab lists, just message me back on here. (As long as BW doesn't get mad at me!)

    Anki also allows for online deck sharing and collaboration, so perhaps we could get something started on the forums here.

    I'm glad to know there are other BW users out there who are also Anki users. Personally, I think Bibleworks should replace its vocab program with Anki!
    Until today I did not know Anki existed however, I have looked at it and decided to download it for my own use. I would be interesting in knowing how you imported the vocabulary lists from BW, if you wouldn't mind parting with your knowledge.
    Chris Sansom
    M. Div. Concordia Seminary
    Google+
    Facebook!
    LibraryThing!

  6. #6

    Default

    I wrote a script that converts BW Flashcard Vocab files to flashcards. There's a couple of reasons you might want this:
    * You don't have BW (shame on you!) or perhaps your friend doesn't have BW
    * You want to see the English word first and then give the Greek. BW will only do Greek first

    You can get it from http://code.google.com/p/bw2ppt/ . I've already done Black's "Learn to Read NT Greek" and posted the PPT and PDF of the PPT. Note that PDF can be viewed on iPhone/iPod Touch.
    -- Richard

    "Contend earnestly for the faith that was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 3 (ESV)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by richardsugg View Post
    I wrote a script that converts BW Flashcard Vocab files to flashcards. There's a couple of reasons you might want this:
    * You don't have BW (shame on you!) or perhaps your friend doesn't have BW
    * You want to see the English word first and then give the Greek. BW will only do Greek first

    You can get it from http://code.google.com/p/bw2ppt/ . I've already done Black's "Learn to Read NT Greek" and posted the PPT and PDF of the PPT. Note that PDF can be viewed on iPhone/iPod Touch.

    I am still very new to any type of flashcards outside of BW, does this converter work at all with Anki, all of their vocab files are in .anki

    PS: does anyone know how to make a .vrt file from a filtered search, is this possible at all? and if so, is there a way to make that into a .anki file.
    Chris Sansom
    M. Div. Concordia Seminary
    Google+
    Facebook!
    LibraryThing!

  8. #8

    Default

    No, this is separate from Anki.
    -- Richard

    "Contend earnestly for the faith that was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 3 (ESV)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sansom48 View Post
    Until today I did not know Anki existed however, I have looked at it and decided to download it for my own use. I would be interesting in knowing how you imported the vocabulary lists from BW, if you wouldn't mind parting with your knowledge.
    I would be glad to. I'm just a little busy right now, but I will try and compile a good instruction manual and maybe provide a few examples.

    Probably in the next week or so.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KramerK View Post
    I would be glad to. I'm just a little busy right now, but I will try and compile a good instruction manual and maybe provide a few examples.

    Probably in the next week or so.
    Thank You, I am having fun right now just going through Biblical Greek Vocab files from their pre-made lists.
    Chris Sansom
    M. Div. Concordia Seminary
    Google+
    Facebook!
    LibraryThing!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •