Thread: BW7 on Parallels shift-key doesn't freeze

Hybrid View

Default BW7 on Parallels shift-key doesn't freeze

I just re-installed my BW7 in my new MacBook Pro (in the Parallels VM), and the shift key doesn't freeze the Analysis window. It appears to be a keyboard problem in the VM, as I used Remote Desktop to remote into my desktop PC running XP, and it still didn't work there. The desktop PC shift key does work, obviously.

I've tried a couple of things in the VM keyboard settings, but nothing has worked yet.

Anyone else running BW in Parallels run into this? It's going to be a real drag if I can't freeze that window.

I am running BW7 on a Macbook Pro using Parallels 3 and I cannot duplicate your problem. My shift key freezes both Greek and Hebrew resources in the analysis window.

John Fidel

Quote Originally Posted by jfidel View Post
    I am running BW7 on a Macbook Pro using Parallels 3 and I cannot duplicate your problem. My shift key freezes both Greek and Hebrew resources in the analysis window.

John Fidel
    Thanks, I should have specified -- I was on Parallels 4. I've had a couple of other keyboard issues with it, and their forums are packed with other people with keyboard problems. I decided to take advantage of VMWare's competitive upgrade (and a 25% off sale). I've had no problems with it so far.

When Parallels 3 no longer works due to OSX upgrades, I will switch to VMware. I am glad your problems are fixed.