Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31

Thread: Reader's Hebrew Bible and BibleWorks

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    194

    Default

    I have looked a few times at the RHB and would like to at some point own one (if I can convince my wife I need yet one more book) However, I think that I would be more tempted to buy it with the Greek NT and the Hebrew OT Readers additions combined, I know it would be bulky, but right now I use the Biblia Sacra and don't find it difficult to use outside of my constant use of a lexicon.
    Chris Sansom
    M. Div. Concordia Seminary
    Google+
    Facebook!
    LibraryThing!

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    613

    Default A Reader's Hebrew and Greek Bible coming in April 2010

    The combined version of the NT and OT is to be released some April 2010:
    Jim Darlack - Associate Director of Goddard Library /
    Reference Librarian at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary

    Gloucester Assembly of God | Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
    The 'Unofficial' BibleWorks Blog | Old in the New | Facebook | LibraryThing

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jdarlack View Post
    The combined version of the NT and OT is to be released some April 2010:
    Awesome! 123456

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jdarlack View Post
    The combined version of the NT and OT is to be released some April 2010:
    Jim, I hate to add to your "things to do," but if it would be at all possible for you to post about this again once it is released, I'd be ever so grateful.

    Irving

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
    Well, while we're wishing, I'd love to have a Bomberg (2nd Edition) as nice as this.
    Yes, you and everyone else... Maybe some publisher could be encouraged to reprint the 2nd edition?
    But, there are a lot of Mikraot Gedoloth editions out there that may in some small way be related to the 2nd edition.

    Here's a link about some happy people that recently got a 2nd edition: the link
    Last edited by bkMitchell; 09-11-2009 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Added more text and a link
    Brian K. Mitchell
    חפשו בתורה היטב ואל תסתמכו על דברי
    http://www.adfontes.mitchellbk.com/


  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bkMitchell View Post
    Yes, you and everyone else... Maybe some publisher could be encouraged to reprint the 2nd edition?
    But, there are a lot of Mikraot Gedoloth editions out there that may in some small way be related to the 2nd edition.

    Here's a link about some happy people that recently got a 2nd edition: the link
    Cool. Didn't know what this was until your post w. link. Thanks.

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jdarlack View Post
    The combined version of the NT and OT is to be released some April 2010:
    How they can provide this ["RHGB"?], with all the bells and whistles for less than ...

    ...is amazing. I'm grateful: I'm amazed.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bkMitchell View Post
    Yes, you and everyone else... Maybe some publisher could be encouraged to reprint the 2nd edition?
    But, there are a lot of Mikraot Gedoloth editions out there that may in some small way be related to the 2nd edition.

    Here's a link about some happy people that recently got a 2nd edition: the link
    Thanks for the excellent article. You might be interested to know, though the article doesn't say it, Yaakov ben Chayim became a believer in the Messiah later in his life.

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ISalzman View Post
    .... You might be interested to know, though the article doesn't say it, Yaakov ben Chayim became a believer in the Messiah later in his life.
    Locally, we've got two really good bible churches. We go here Immanuel Bible Church.

    The one that is a bit further down the road is pastored by a gentleman whose testimony is also that of a seed of Abraham according to both the flesh and the faith. His name is Lon Solomon.

    God has blessed this man and his ministry.

    McLean Bible Church


  10. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SCSaunders View Post
    Locally, we've got two really good bible churches. We go here Immanuel Bible Church.

    The one that is a bit further down the road is pastored by a gentleman whose testimony is also that of a seed of Abraham according to both the flesh and the faith. His name is Lon Solomon.

    God has blessed this man and his ministry.

    McLean Bible Church


    Thanks SC. I've heard of Lon Solomon (He's one of our boys too! ) I know people in his church.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •