Thread: Reader's Hebrew Bible and BibleWorks

Hybrid View

Default Reader's Hebrew Bible and BibleWorks

There's a BibleWorks connection to the Reader's Hebrew Bible. The work was done by a very avid BibleWorks user and you can read a bit more about that connection on the Koinonia blog.

I bought the book long ago and can vouch for its good construction.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

I got a gift card for Barnes & Noble and used it to buy RHB. They only had the one copy, it was misplaced, so it took me and one of the clerks a while to find it.

What a monumental task producing RHB must have been, especially having to use MSWord. I can't imagine the headaches.

Anyway, great job. I love the duotone leather. That was the deciding factor for me.

For those who may be considering the Reader's Hebrew Bible, I have found the font and the text to be the easiest on the eyes of any printed Hebrew Bible I have, and I have a fair number of them. The RHB is very easy to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
    For those who may be considering the Reader's Hebrew Bible, I have found the font and the text to be the easiest on the eyes of any printed Hebrew Bible I have, and I have a fair number of them. The RHB is very easy to read.
    AND it has that nice leather cover. Time will tell but I wish the BHS was made as nicely as this seems to be.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel View Post
    AND it has that nice leather cover. Time will tell but I wish the BHS was made as nicely as this seems to be.
    Well, while we're wishing, I'd love to have a Bomberg (2nd Edition) as nice as this.

But I may have to wait until I get to heave for that.

And while we're at it (previously posted - maybe some stray publisher will read this!), I'd like the Reader's edition co-published with a Greek Reader's edition. I find the font of the UBS edition much easier to read than Zondervan's 2nd edition. The Utriusque edition is a little bulky.

All I want for Christmas is a OT/NT Reader's Combo . . .

Ingo

Quote Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
    Well, while we're wishing, I'd love to have a Bomberg (2nd Edition) as nice as this.
    Yes, you and everyone else... Maybe some publisher could be encouraged to reprint the 2nd edition?
    But, there are a lot of Mikraot Gedoloth editions out there that may in some small way be related to the 2nd edition.

Here's a link about some happy people that recently got a 2nd edition: the link
    Last edited by bkMitchell; 09-11-2009 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Added more text and a link
    Brian K. Mitchell
    חפשו בתורה היטב ואל תסתמכו על דברי
    http://www.adfontes.mitchellbk.com/