Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ginsburg Pentateuch TIF scans

Exclamation Ginsburg Pentateuch TIF scans

Hi,

The Major BFBS Edition of the Hebrew Bible, also known as C.D. Ginsburg's Massoretico-Critical Edition of the Hebrew Bible, is very hard to come across. I've made TIF scans of the Pentateuch available online. These scans were made almost a decade ago from my printed set (which was destroyed during the process). This particular set was printed in 1926 in Germany by the British & Foreign Bible Society. Here is a link:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jid2w2...Pentateuch.zip

The .zip file is a bit over 30 megabytes but will grow to a bit over 180 megabytes in size. In the zip archive I have placed 6 folders, as the scanning process for this book was broken into 6 parts years ago. The file names in each of these sets are broken into "even" and "odd" because they were being printed on a non-duplexing laser printer. After you download the zip archive, you can rename them whatever your heart desires.

I have the complete set of 4 volumes here for this work. I'd *LOVE* to see this as a built-in Hebrew Bible study source in BibleWorks at some juncture. No other Bible software would have it. Perhaps translating Ginsburg's copious notes into English would be the icing on the cake.

At any rate, please enjoy this work. It is far out of copyright and years ago I contacted the British and Foreign Bible Society to make sure of it but have had it milling about for eons.

There is also a "lesser" version of this work available that was printed in the first decade of the 1900s. This one is the one that Geden and Kilgour wrote their Intro for and also the one that Ginsburg himself wrote his own large introduction for. I have those here as well.

Mike

Exclamation Ginsburg Writings TIF scans

Hi,

Here's a link to the contents of the second volume in Ginsburg's work with the Hebrew Bible:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ww1wjtzjfdz/Writings.zip

This file is about 71 megabytes in size and will expand to 523 megabytes. The scans are all uncompressed TIF files. The file naming system that was used during the scanning of this volume is a lot more obfuscated at first look-see than the Pentateuch scans are, but I'm sure that you can figure it out. (HINT: There are page numbers.) Files are all 1724x2670 resolution at 300x300 ppi.

No copyright issues. Here it is, the volume Writings from C.D. Ginsburg's Massoretico-Critical Edition of the Hebrew Bible.

Enjoy,
    Mike

Exclamation Ginsburg Earlier Prophets TIF scans

Here's a link to the Earlier Prophets volume of Ginsburg's Massoretico-Critical Edition of the Hebrew Bible:

http://www.mediafire.com/?zug0wzgmttn

This one is rather clean in it's file structure, such as the Pentateuch file set was. There are 9 folders in the zip archive and each folder has even and odd pages to facilitate printing on a printer than only cooks one side at a time. The scans are all uncompressed TIFs. The zip download is about 42 megs in size and will decompress to close to 250 megabytes. Again, absolutely no copyright issues with this work.

Enjoy,
    Mike

Exclamation Ginsburg Later Prophets TIF scans

Howdy,

Here's the link to the Later Prophets volume of C.D. Ginsburg's Massoretico-Critical Edition of the Hebrew Bible:

http://www.mediafire.com/?nhejwkhvftn

You're on your own with the files in this set.

Like the others, these are uncompressed TIF files. The download zip archive is 41 megs or so in size and it'll explode to consume 243 megs of disk space.

This concludes the Massoretico-Critical Edition of the Hebrew Bible. I have other related works that I'll try to make available as well.

Enjoy, and I'm real happy to be able to share this rare work with you all here.

Mike

Exclamation Geden & Kilgour's Introduction

Hi again,

Here is a link to download the PDF file of Geden & Kilgour's Introduction to the Ginsburg Edition of the Hebrew Old Testament. It was printed in 1928 by the British & Foreign Bible Society. The file size is 5 megabytes.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nlli0ewmaog

Enjoy,
    Mike

Default Thank you

Fantastic! Thanks for this great resource. The scans of the text are very good quality.
    Todd

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Price View Post
    Fantastic! Thanks for this great resource. The scans of the text are very good quality.
    Todd
    Hi Todd,

I'm glad that you like them. I wish that I still had the volumes and have been searching for a like set for years. Having these is good because I can share them.

Thanks for the response on these as well. I'd posted them and the place that they're parked at has shown me that multiple gigs have been downloaded in just a couple of days and nobody had bothered to respond to the posting. I'm glad to hear that they are appreciated.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MWMiles View Post
    Hi Todd,

I'm glad that you like them. I wish that I still had the volumes and have been searching for a like set for years. Having these is good because I can share them.

Thanks for the response on these as well. I'd posted them and the place that they're parked at has shown me that multiple gigs have been downloaded in just a couple of days and nobody had bothered to respond to the posting. I'm glad to hear that they are appreciated.

Mike
    They are great files to have available. You just happened to pick a busy time when everyone is distracted by other things Will they be available at those links indefinitely?
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Default Thanks

Mike,

These files are great. I'm sure you will get many more "thank you's" for your work. This good will help out in ways perhaps you will never know this side of Judgment.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel View Post
    They are great files to have available. You just happened to pick a busy time when everyone is distracted by other things Will they be available at those links indefinitely?
    Oh Yeah. I plan on keeping them up on mediafire as long as they'll allow folks to download them.