Thread: OneNote Integration

Hybrid View

Default OneNote Integration

As I wait patiently (well...wait) for my copy of BW I was wondering if anyone has any tips for or thoughts for how well it integrates with MS OneNote 2007.

Default I am waiting expectantly...

I love both Bibleworks and OneNote. The process I have used is to track my studies in OneNote. I can integrate additional resources with Bibleworks Resources and keep track of weblinks, etc in OneNote.

Basically I use OneNote as the core for my study process. I track my exegesis there and treat Bibleworks as another resource. I have not found a way to let Bibleworks be the center and OneNote to be the support.

Quote Originally Posted by boeinguy2 View Post
    I love both Bibleworks and OneNote. The process I have used is to track my studies in OneNote. I can integrate additional resources with Bibleworks Resources and keep track of weblinks, etc in OneNote.

Basically I use OneNote as the core for my study process. I track my exegesis there and treat Bibleworks as another resource. I have not found a way to let Bibleworks be the center and OneNote to be the support.
    If you can include links to pictures or something more concrete that'd be cool. I own a copy of OneNote in the Office suite but must admit that I've never moved over to using it. I still just end up taking notes in Word if I'm not using the BibleWorks editor.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Default OneNote and External Links

I understand that within Bibleworks I can have it reference External Links, Which I am looking very forward to playing around with. I'm trying to work out how I would set this up to work with OneNote. Is it possible to tell the External Link Manager that if the book is such and such then use this in the link? Such as if the book is Matthew, use {D99AA486-D756-4720-81E7-7F29FA8C3B26} in the link? It would have to be able to handle one for each book.

Quote Originally Posted by spitzerpl View Post
    I understand that within Bibleworks I can have it reference External Links, Which I am looking very forward to playing around with. I'm trying to work out how I would set this up to work with OneNote. Is it possible to tell the External Link Manager that if the book is such and such then use this in the link? Such as if the book is Matthew, use {D99AA486-D756-4720-81E7-7F29FA8C3B26} in the link? It would have to be able to handle one for each book.
    Scratch that, I think I found a better solution. assuming Biblework's ELM can reference File locations on the computer you could just have it point to the location on the hard drive e.g. C:/documents/one note/Bibleworks Notes/<Book>/<Chapter>/<Verse>.one Granted it would take some ingenuity and possibly time to set up such a OneNote notebook but I think it would be extremely valuable. You could even do this for topics! and hyperlink to those topics within the OneNote Verse files. OOOHH...I'm getting very excited for my copy of BW!

Quote Originally Posted by spitzerpl View Post
    Scratch that, I think I found a better solution. assuming Biblework's ELM can reference File locations on the computer you could just have it point to the location on the hard drive e.g. C:/documents/one note/Bibleworks Notes/<Book>/<Chapter>/<Verse>.one Granted it would take some ingenuity and possibly time to set up such a OneNote notebook but I think it would be extremely valuable. You could even do this for topics! and hyperlink to those topics within the OneNote Verse files. OOOHH...I'm getting very excited for my copy of BW!
    If you get this working, I'd like to hear more about it. Would it be easier to do it chapter by chapter?
    Dr. Kevin Purcell I am a BW9 User!
    Columnist for Christian Computing Magazine
    See my personal blog at www.KevinPurcell.org
    Follow me on Twitter @kapurcell

Thumbs up One Note Integration

I've been using Bibleworks for about a year and a half now (version 7) and have been highly anticipating the arrival of version 8. Now that you mention the possibility of using OneNote, I await in even more eagerness for the arrival of this new addition. I'll be watching this thread and hopefully posting some tips as I learn them as well.

Peace
    Rev. Aaron Kesson, Pastor
    Emmanuel United Methodist Church
    Blissfield, Michigan
    http://www.blissfieldeumc.org

MDiv - Asbury Theological Seminary
    MA(Counseling)-Spring Arbor University

BibleWorks 9 User

Blog - http://www.aaronkesson.com

"Mhdei,j sou th/j neo,thtoj katafronei,tw( avlla. tu,poj gi,nou tw/n pistw/n evn lo,gw|( evn avnastrofh/|( evn avga,ph|( evn pi,stei( evn a`gnei,a|"
    -1 Tim. 4:12