Thread: Parallel Versions

Default Parallel Versions

I am having some trouble with working with the parallel function in BW6 (latest update). I have created a window that has KJV, Geneva, TNT, PNT.

When I open the window those versions appear as normal. But when I go to the O.T. (TNT and PNT are N.T. only) KJV and Geneva go to the O.T. and TNT and PNT go to the Hebrew O.T. I then go to the N.T. KJV and Geneva scroll correctly but TNT and PNT choose a Greek version (GNT).

Do others experience this? Can anyone dup this?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Mark Langley; 06-26-2004 at 01:19 PM.
    Mark Langley
    Sovereign Grace Baptist Church of Topeka, KS

But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

to. de. r`h/ma Kuri,ou me,nei eivj to.n aivw/na tou/to de, evsti to. r`h/ma to. euvaggelisqe.n eivj u`ma/j

Default I see this too

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Langley

Do others experience this? Can anyone dup this?

Thanks.
    Yes, with a slight modification.

If I change my first windown (KJV) to OT and click synchronize button once only the KJV and GNV sync the other two do not move.

If I click it again the other two change to WTT and sync.

If I change the KJV back to a NT passage and click the synchronize button once the KJV and GNV sync and the other two do not move.

If I click it again the other two change to GNT and sync.
    Joe Fleener

jfleener@digitalexegesis.com
    Home Page: www.digitalexegesis.com
    Blog: http://emethaletheia.blogspot.com/

Annotated Bibliography of Online Research Tools: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibliography

User Created BibleWorks Modules: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibleworks

Psalm 46:11
    `#r<a'(B' ~Wra' ~yIAGB; ~Wra' ~yhi_l{a/ ykinOa'-yKi W[d>W WPr>h;

Hi Joe,

Yes, the same happens as well. Thank you for checking on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fleener
    Yes, with a slight modification.

If I change my first windown (KJV) to OT and click synchronize button once only the KJV and GNV sync the other two do not move.

If I click it again the other two change to WTT and sync.

If I change the KJV back to a NT passage and click the synchronize button once the KJV and GNV sync and the other two do not move.

If I click it again the other two change to GNT and sync.
    Mark Langley

But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

to. de. r`h/ma Kuri,ou me,nei eivj to.n aivw/na tou/to de, evsti to. r`h/ma to. euvaggelisqe.n eivj u`ma/j

Is this a bug?
    Mark Langley

Default Parallel Versions with Mixed NT/OT/NT-OT Versions

Hi Mark,

This is not really a bug per se. We just never anticipated people wanting to use an NT only version with OT/NT versions.

The cleanest solution is to rebuild the TNT and any other NT only versions with blank verses for the OT. I'll try to get around to that soon, but you can do it yourself as follows:

1. Use the export function to export the TNT.
    2. Export the version you want in parallel (let's call it XXX) and make sure you check the box to export only the verse references.
    3. Delete the NT verses in the XXX file and replace them with the TNT verses.
    4. Save the resulting file in the USERDB directory as TNT.txt.
    5. Open the Version Database Compiler, fill out the various option items and compile the new TNT version.

It's pretty easy after you've done it a couple of times. Let me know if this is just too much.

Mike
    Last edited by MBushell; 06-28-2004 at 04:51 PM.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the solution.
    Mark Langley