Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BibleWorks 8

---------------------
    Last edited by pasquale; 06-15-2009 at 04:51 PM.

Once again, BibleWorks has outclassed and radically surpassed, not only the expectations of its users, but has likewise demonstrated its superiortiy to all other competitors in its tenacity of adhering to the principle of giving to its users the biggest bang for the buck. With few exceptions, BibleWorks has made the practice of paying for extra modules almost obsolete. The user gets so much in the full, baseline package, and at such a dirt-cheap price, that I would suspect it of being one of those deals that is too good to be true were it not for the fact that BibleWorks has been in the habit for years of making deals that are too good to be true, well... true.

Great job once again to the BibleWorks team.
    Last edited by Adelphos; 11-20-2008 at 05:59 PM.

This is Christmas in November just more reasons to be thankful for next week
    Now I need to find a way to sell the idea to the wife after all the books I am buying at ETS

These goodies will be the end of me

Alain

I think one thing that they've done really, really well (which is not, of course, to say they haven't done other things well too) is, like Adelphos said, to put in 1 package a whole lot of stuff that in other programs generally would cost a fortune. Ok granted, you still are going to have to pay extra for your HALOT or BDAG, but in the base program in addition to all the Bibles, you get Pseudepigrapha, Apostolic Fathers, Philo, and Josephus. Not to mention all the Targumic stuff that I shy away from because I like Greek better Then you have your basic (and not so basic) grammars included as well. I think it's a pretty nice deal, and that really hasn't even touched any of the other new program features like the Phrase Matching Tool and Related Verses Tool which are pretty spiffy.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Default Mixed feelings

I'm ecstatic we have a new version, and I assume I'll see it at SBL

I'm down because I wasn't asked to beta test, and I've beta'd since v. 4

Also, cash is quite short right now at my house...

Is there a special upgrade price for people who've already purchased Waltke and Jouon? Hopeful?

Now back to voracious browsing.
    Ben

Now that snug up on me! Bibleworks is better at keeping secrets than that fruit company that starts with an A.

But I also remember Mike Bushell mentioning on this forum a while back another project they're working on "in parallel" - I wonder what that might be.

Oh the anticipation of daily checking the mailbox; oh the disappointment of yet another day of just bills, mere letters, vain catalogues. And yet another round of keeping Windows around.

Bibleworkers of the world, unite; I just supported the economy!

Ingo

Can anyone tell me what the checkboxes to the left of the verses are for in this picture?

http://bibleworks.com/images/new-ana...bs-context.jpg
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by ingosorke View Post
    Bibleworkers of the world, unite; I just supported the economy!
    And might I just add...

In addition to Bibleworkers of the world, also bad spellers of the world, UNTIE !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Spackman View Post
    Can anyone tell me what the checkboxes to the left of the verses are for in this picture?

http://bibleworks.com/images/new-ana...bs-context.jpg
    They are for (un)selecting certain hits in your search list.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel View Post
    They are for (un)selecting certain hits in your search list.
    Yeah, but what's the purpose? What happens when you unselect one? Does the verse disappear from the list? or is it just ignored if you save the results? Ergo, what's the whole skinny on this deal?