Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shemonah Esreh/ Amidah Files

Default Shemonah Esreh/ Amidah Files

Hi All,

I just finished a new module for BibleWorks.

I created a Hebrew language version of the Amidah liturgy. Also, I created an English language translation of the Amidah. The two versions can be utilized together and provide a line for line text and translation. Also, while utilizing the multiple version search engine, one is able to perform powerful search queries in the DSS module and the BW Hebrew texts!

For those who are not familiar with Jewish liturgy, the Amidah is a collection daily prayers, which has very ancient, pre-Christian sources.

Please Email me if you want the file.
    KAKURSE@msn.com

Thanks!
    a;koue( VIsrah,l( ku,rioj o` qeo.j h`mw/n ku,rioj ei-j evstin( kai. avgaph,seij ku,rion to.n qeo,n sou evx o[lhj th/j kardi,aj sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j yuch/j sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j dianoi,aj sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j ivscu,oj souĊ

עשׁה שׁלום במרומיו הוא יעשׂה שׁלום עלינו ועל כל ישׂראל ואמרו אמן׃

"Will you rise like a lion in the morning sun or will you just lay there bleeding? When the time has come, return to the Kingdom, close my eyes and be screaming freedom!" - Matisyahu

Default New Edition of the Amidah/ Shemoneh Esreh

I have finished a newly edited version of the Amidah/ Shemoneh Esreh project for BibleWorks.

I had to fix some mistakes; I included the priestly blessing.

JP
    a;koue( VIsrah,l( ku,rioj o` qeo.j h`mw/n ku,rioj ei-j evstin( kai. avgaph,seij ku,rion to.n qeo,n sou evx o[lhj th/j kardi,aj sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j yuch/j sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j dianoi,aj sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j ivscu,oj souĊ

"Will you rise like a lion in the morning sun or will you just lay there bleeding? When the time has come, return to the Kingdom, close my eyes and be screaming freedom!" - Matisyahu

Quote Originally Posted by BigJayOneill View Post
    I have finished a newly edited version of the Amidah/ Shemoneh Esreh project for BibleWorks.

I had to fix some mistakes; I included the priestly blessing.

JP
    I'm strapped for time to get this in proper order w the blog entry. But for now the files are available for download here.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Default Thanks!

Thanks Mike!

JP

Default posted to the blog

I've written a post at the BW blog on the Amidah files. Thanks Jay!
    Jim Darlack - Associate Director of Goddard Library /
    Reference Librarian at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary

Gloucester Assembly of God | Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
    The 'Unofficial' BibleWorks Blog | Old in the New | Facebook | LibraryThing

Default Thanks

Jim,

That is VERY cool!

JP

Thanks, Big Jay! This is really helpful. I will enjoy going through the Hebrew and comparing it with your English translation. More databases like this, please! If you have time to do a database of the Mishnah, even better!

Many thanks, and I appreciate the time you took doing this, and also the helpful references to the Amidah in the NT. I am especially interested in connections like this, to the Jewish background of the NT.

Shalom,

Ewan

Default Amidah Corrections

Thanks Ewan... If you have some translation suggestions, or you wish to create your own translation from the Hebrew, please feel free!

Hi all,

I have just completed some additional changes/ corrections to my Amidah database for BW. I think I have finally fixed all of my errors.

Thanks!

JP

Default Corrections available at BW blog

Latest corrections by Jay are uploaded. Simply copy over your old files.

Here.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Thanks JP!
    Jim Darlack - Associate Director of Goddard Library /
    Reference Librarian at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary

Gloucester Assembly of God | Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
    The 'Unofficial' BibleWorks Blog | Old in the New | Facebook | LibraryThing