Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Bible Versions Available

Cool

<message removed>
    Last edited by bobvenem; 03-30-2009 at 08:07 AM.

I would very much appreciate receiving these versions, if they are compatible with Bible works 6 (and, anyway, I guess I'll have to upgrade eventually). My e-mail is moreofchrist[at]gmail.com.

Thanks so much.

luke

Just remember that since the laborer is worthy of his wages, you are not allowed to send any copyrighted files to any of the rest of us. If they purchase them from the publisher, they may make their own version for BW, but no one else is allowed to distribute them without publishers' permission. Render unto Caesar...
    Mark Eddy

bob -
    I would like these as well
    thanks!
    Richard

richardsugg at gmail dot com
    -- Richard

"Contend earnestly for the faith that was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 3 (ESV)

Default Versions Request

Would it be possible for you to list the versions that are available (those in the public domain, and not under copyright?)

Online Bible has Isaac Leeser's 1853 translation of the Old Testament and is there anyone who has this as one as a BibleWorks Version?

Kevin W. Woodruff
    Prof. Kevin W. Woodruff, M. Div., M. S. I. S.
    Library Director/Reference Librarian, Assistant Professor of
    Bible and Greek, Theological Bibliography and Research
    Tennessee Temple University/Temple Baptist Seminary,
    1815 Union Ave.
    Chattanooga, Tennessee 37404, United States of America
    423/493-4252 (office) 423/493-4423 (home) 423/493-4497
    (FAX)
    woodruk@tntemple.edu Cierpke@prodigy.net
    http://pages.prodigy.net/cierpke/woodruff.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin W. Woodruff View Post
    Online Bible has Isaac Leeser's 1853 translation of the Old Testament and is there anyone who has this as one as a BibleWorks Version?
    I was not aware of this translation. Interesting. For those who might want to know, Leeser's translation was the first Jewish English translation of the Hebrew Scriptures (see Wikipedia). The footnotes to the 7th ed. look pretty interesting - pulling together translation notes based on Rashi and other Jewish commentators.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any electronic editions of this text. As of at least May 2008, Project Gutenberg did not not know of any either.

Below is a single-page scan from the print edition:
    Jim Darlack - Associate Director of Goddard Library /
    Reference Librarian at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary

Gloucester Assembly of God | Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
    The 'Unofficial' BibleWorks Blog | Old in the New | Facebook | LibraryThing

Default Leeser Bible

The commentary/ foot notes, by themselves, would make the Leeser Bible a nice addition!
    a;koue( VIsrah,l( ku,rioj o` qeo.j h`mw/n ku,rioj ei-j evstin( kai. avgaph,seij ku,rion to.n qeo,n sou evx o[lhj th/j kardi,aj sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j yuch/j sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j dianoi,aj sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j ivscu,oj souĊ

עשׁה שׁלום במרומיו הוא יעשׂה שׁלום עלינו ועל כל ישׂראל ואמרו אמן׃

"Will you rise like a lion in the morning sun or will you just lay there bleeding? When the time has come, return to the Kingdom, close my eyes and be screaming freedom!" - Matisyahu

now available here.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Michael, it is great job you are doing on your blog! I just downloaded this and that - great stuff.
    Just one thing: could you post a page saying how to install the different modules, GSE, vocab. cards etc.?

Morten

Quote Originally Posted by MortenJensen View Post
    Michael, it is great job you are doing on your blog! I just downloaded this and that - great stuff.
    Just one thing: could you post a page saying how to install the different modules, GSE, vocab. cards etc.?

Morten

Thanks, Jim is the one delegated to write that kind of a post (mostly because I begged him to), so we are working on it; we're just not always as quick as we could be (we are both underpaid and overworked in our real lives, just see Jim's blog to find out why).

In general, modules just zip open to the \databases\ folder; in general, versions to \userdb\ folder and then you have to use the Version Database Compiler in BW; in general vocab cards unzip to \init\; GSE can technically be unzipped wherever you want, you just have to surf around to open them once you've opened the GSE. If you search the BW Help file, it usually tells you where these files are found, but I understand what you're saying, not everything is always crystal clear.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!