Thread: BW Blog 99.9% Fully Operational

Exclamation BW Blog 99.9% Fully Operational

Well, finally, I think I've got most of the downloads in place on the BibleWorks Blog. We still have one version to replace that neither Michael nor I have been able to locate on our hard drives:
    • Callimachus' Hymns & Epigrams in Greek (see post)
    If you have this file (originally named calm.zip), please contact us via the blog comments or through the forum comments.

I have not yet made any real attempt to replace the GSE files that were once in place. (The initial list and the folder that contained the files were completely lost. ) If anyone happens to have them, let me know. Or, if you remember sending in one of your own GSE files (or if you'd like to share a GSE file for a search that you were particularly proud of constructing) let me know as well.

In the near future I hope to start putting together instructions for installing (and/or creating) all of these files.
    Last edited by jdarlack; 09-17-2008 at 10:16 AM.
    Jim Darlack - Associate Director of Goddard Library /
    Reference Librarian at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary

Gloucester Assembly of God | Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
    The 'Unofficial' BibleWorks Blog | Old in the New | Facebook | LibraryThing

Quote Originally Posted by jdarlack View Post
    Well, finally, I think I've got most of the downloads in place on the BibleWorks Blog. We still have one version to replace that neither Michael nor I have been able to locate on our hard drives:
    • Callimachus' Hymns & Epigrams in Greek (see post)

If you have this file (originally named calm.zip), please contact us via the blog comments or through the forum comments.

I have not yet made any real attempt to replace the GSE files that were once in place. (The initial list and the folder that contained the files were completely lost. ) If anyone happens to have them, let me know. Or, if you remember sending in one of your own GSE files (or if you'd like to share a GSE file for a search that you were particularly proud of constructing) let me know as well.

In the near future I hope to start putting together instructions for installing (and/or creating) all of these files.
    I've recommended the Blog Modules to people, but they keep on reporting problems downloading and integrating the user databases, particularly Keil and Calvin's Commentary. What might be the problem, if the user has version 7? I assume that previous versions won't work?

Thank you for your time!

(PS. I'm on version 5 and it can't integrate the zip files, but I'm just collecting them until I have time and brain cells to upgrade to version 7.)

Quote Originally Posted by brainout View Post
    I've recommended the Blog Modules to people, but they keep on reporting problems downloading and integrating the user databases, particularly Keil and Calvin's Commentary. What might be the problem, if the user has version 7? I assume that previous versions won't work?

Thank you for your time!

(PS. I'm on version 5 and it can't integrate the zip files, but I'm just collecting them until I have time and brain cells to upgrade to version 7.)
    Need more information. What isn't working? Can they download the Zip? Is the Zip corrupted? Apart from BW, if you click on the files, do they work? Are they copying them into the proper BW directory? Did they unblock the Help file?

You are correct. Modules will only work in BW7. Versions should work with older BW versions however.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

I can't find directions anywhere about how to get the user-created modules into the BW7 program. I downloaded the works of Chrysostom, but I have no idea what to do next. Can someone help please?

Default Insatallation.

I rarely get on these blogs. However, I noticed that as of yet, no one has answered you. I don't know or remember what the file looked like so I cannot tell you specific instructions, however, I can direct you to a source that should help. It is located in the unofficial Bibleworks blog. There they have a short set of instructions on how to load in usercreated files. The link to it is: http://bibleworks.oldinthenew.org/?page_id=244
    Chris Sansom
    M. Div. Concordia Seminary
    Google+
    Facebook!
    LibraryThing!