Thread: Showing All Verses

Default Showing All Verses

In BW7 I've noticed that if I type in a multiple verse selection in the format that's simplest (e.g. Mar 2 5 9) then only the search version shows the multiple verses while the display versions only show the first verse. If I type it in as Mar 2:5-9 then all display versions show multiple verses.

I like the simpler form, but always want to see all verses for all display versions. I could not find a setting to change this behavior. Is there one?

stlsailor

No, as far as I know there is no substitute for using the hyphen. BW allows a number of options for punctuation between the chapter number and the verse number (a space, a comma, or a colon), but if you leave a space after the verse number, it is not set up to know if you want an entire string of verses, just the two verses listed, or made a mistake by typing the last numeral. So just get used to using the hyphen.
    Mark Eddy

Well, thanks. I guess it's back to the more tedious method. I couldn't find this behavior documented anywhere (though I certainly could have missed it) so it took me a while until I stumbled onto that being the cause of why I could no longer see the entire selection.