Thread: Truncated Verse Notes!!!!!!!!

Exclamation Truncated Verse Notes!!!!!!!!

I have a serious problem. I am using Bibleworks 6 and am writing a commentary on Nahum. I have been entering notes on each verse, so as I read a commentary with a comment I think important I add it to that verse note. I have invested about 6 weeks of every day to this project. Now when I go back and read my verse notes I notice that many of the beginning of that verse note are truncated or cut off. The note will still begin at the top left corner but often in the middle of a word, as many as 4 lines might be lost! It can begin in the middle of a Hebrew word or English. I thought it might just be a display issue, so I opened the files, they are really cut...not just in display. I cannot see a pattern. This is bringing my book project to a screeching halt. Tech Support said several have mentioned this but they cannot duplicate it. I have Windows XP as an operating system. HELP! Any suggestions? It doesn't happen to each verse note either! My e-mail is DICK@SIENA.EDU

Default Truncated Notes

We are looking at this problem now. It is difficult because we cannot reproduce it but we will do our best to find the problem as quickly as we can. The new editor that we are working on should fix the problem but release for that is a ways off. If you are having the problem it would be helpful if you could send me a couple of sample files and your bw600.ini file.

Mike

Default Verse notes

If these are verse notes that are added to the version (ie. to the .txt file and its associated .ddf file, not the user notes), then I posted about a similar problem with the NET notes a few weeks ago. I was using a cloned info window, with the normal AI window closed. I was getting truncated notes after a few lines. I found that I could make the whole note appear by going back and forth a verse, or else my opening the normal AI window and closing it. It happend randomly, and I can't reproduce it at will, but it was fairly frequent.
    Ben

The new EXE patch should deal with it. After lots of testing, we think we were able to reproduce it. This was a very tough one to reproduce. Click here for more details:

http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=328