Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BibleWorks Editor

Thumbs up

Ditto to tcblack's remark!!!

Thumbs up too late for "feature" requests?

Hope it's not too late for feature requests but a few items have been needed in note taking for myself that I wager others might enjoy.
    1. Hyperlinks (To WWW documents, Files on my HD, and other Verses inside of BW (The latter could (easily?) autogenerate when a verse reference is typed in.)
    2. Graphics. (Occasionally I find a photo online that helps to illustrate a verse I'm studying.) (Oooh like perhaps photos of the Rylands Papyri in the relevant verse at John 18:31-33) I wold love to have the option to Link or even embed these photo's in my notes, and print them with verse reports.
    3. Some kind of spell check? Ok this might well be asking too much but there are lots of good ones available even open source with a plentitude of language/ dictionary's available. Just don't assume I'm using M$Office, because I'm not - and I won't.
    Just a few items that I personally dream about as part of a note taking facility. I'm sure others have wish lists as well, but if you're talking about including
    all the capabilities of Wordpad and a lot more. ...
    I wouldn't be surprised if these were already part of the mix!

Default Yes please to hyperlinks and graphics

Quote Originally Posted by tcblack
    Hope it's not too late for feature requests but a few items have been needed in note taking for myself that I wager others might enjoy.
    1. Hyperlinks (To WWW documents, Files on my HD, and other Verses inside of BW (The latter could (easily?) autogenerate when a verse reference is typed in.)
    2. Graphics. (Occasionally I find a photo online that helps to illustrate a verse I'm studying.) (Oooh like perhaps photos of the Rylands Papyri in the relevant verse at John 18:31-33) I wold love to have the option to Link or even embed these photo's in my notes, and print them with verse reports.
    I would second the need for hyperlinks and graphics. This would transform the Editor, and make it suitable for being used for more than just notes attached to a verse. If the Editor could also run stand-alone and had hyperlinks, tables and graphics, it could be used for books, studies, papers, and other documents. This would transform my use of BibleWorks.

It would be especially good if an upgrade was available in time for Christmas, because then I would have something worthwhile to ask for, and wouldn't just get some new pairs of socks or handkerchiefs or something :-)

Regards,

Ewan

It is things like this that make Bibleworks the program with the best support of any program I own or have heard about. Nice going Mike!!
    en Xristo

Bob Z

Default Please Don't Ask!

Quote Originally Posted by Ewan MacLeod
    [/list]I would second the need for hyperlinks and graphics. This would transform the Editor, and make it suitable for being used for more than just notes attached to a verse. If the Editor could also run stand-alone and had hyperlinks, tables and graphics, it could be used for books, studies, papers, and other documents. This would transform my use of BibleWorks.
    As they say about the sphagettic souce, "It's in there." It won't run standalone because it is integrated into BibleWorks functions, but you can run it in a separate window (or not), so if functions like a standalone.

I am out on a limb talking about this stuff because it can generate calls to the office staff. So please, please, don't call and ask about release dates. You know we can't answer those questions and if they get a lot of calls as a result I will have to refrain from saying anything at all about what's in the works. I just do it in this case because I know the editor has serious drawbacks and I want you all to know that we do intend to fix it (in grand style I hope) as quickly as possible.

Mike

Thumbs up Whoo! Whoo!

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell
    As they say about the sphagettic souce, "It's in there." ...
    I am out on a limb talking about this stuff because it can generate calls to the office staff. So please, please, don't call and ask about release dates. ... I want you all to know that we do intend to fix [the editor] (in grand style I hope) as quickly as possible.
    WHOO WHOO WHOO WHOO!
    Mike,
    Thank you for making BW even better all the time.

Default Editor request/suggestion

Hi Mike,

Something I've wished for in the editor is the ability to change font size without blotting out all other features.

Let me 'splain: I copy from the HCSB site on a particular verse. It is a mixture of regular and italicised text. I want to change it from 12 point to 11 or 10. I select all, then Font, then change size. It imposes regular font style on the whole, so I have to re-italicize. I would ask that those styles be made optional, if you "foller" me.

Thanks,
    Dan
    Dan Phillips
    Books:Web presence:
    tfo+[]l;w> hw"hy> tr:AT-ta, vArd>li Abb'l. !ykihe ar"z>[, yKi

s `jP'(v.miW qxo laer"f.yIB. dMel;l.W

Default I follow

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Phillips
    Hi Mike,

Something I've wished for in the editor is the ability to change font size without blotting out all other features.
    I'll second that, same for changing a few other font characteristics.In fact a quickie tool bar like the one on this site (when the full editor is turned on) would be handy.
    Last edited by tcblack; 08-30-2004 at 01:23 PM. Reason: submitted before finished

Default Improvement w/BW6.0 Editor

Good news, indeed!