Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BibleWorks Editor

Default BibleWorks Editor

Hi BTers,

There have been a couple of posts recently about the BW editor. There have been a couple of nagging editor problems that have been around for a while but which have not been fixed because we cannot duplicate them. If you can figure out a way that we can duplicate them, please let me know and we can fix them in short order.

We are aware that the editor has been a weak link in the BibleWorks system for some time. We want you to know that we take this issue seriously and apologize for the frustration that a few people feel. However, I want you to know that relief is in sight. We have completely replaced the editor now with a new editor that has all the capabilities of Wordpad and a lot more. It has full support for Unicode, multilevel undo, left-wrapped Hebrew and a wealth of formatting features. We also have BibleWorks now exporting Unicode Hebrew and Greek. These are major changes and we will need to do a lot of testing to get the kinks out but we will get it to you as soon as we can. I can't give you a date yet but I wanted you to know that some good things are coming.

God bless,
    Mike Bushell for the
    BibleWorks Programming Staff

Default Thanks!!!!

Thanks for this information, Mike! I'm looking forward it...

Blessings,

Xus Polaino

Default Great Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell
    Hi BTers,

I wanted you to know that some good things are coming.

God bless,
    Mike Bushell for the
    BibleWorks Programming Staff
    Thanks Mike! You don't have to tell us what you are working on, but it is realy cool to hear what is coming. All the work and support by the BW team is greatly appreciated.
    Joe Fleener

jfleener@digitalexegesis.com
    Home Page: www.digitalexegesis.com
    Blog: http://emethaletheia.blogspot.com/

Annotated Bibliography of Online Research Tools: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibliography

User Created BibleWorks Modules: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibleworks

Psalm 46:11
    `#r<a'(B' ~Wra' ~yIAGB; ~Wra' ~yhi_l{a/ ykinOa'-yKi W[d>W WPr>h;

Talking Great News

Thank you Mike, and a big thanks to all of you who are working so hard to make our working easy.
    Skip
    SkipB

"Ambitious to be well-pleasing unto him"
    RJ Blackburn
    Reformed Episcopal Seminary

http://www.reseminary.edu

Thanks for your hard Work!!!

Default Autosave?

The editor hasn't given me much trouble (though I miss "undo").

What would be most helpful is autosave. BibleWorks is the kind of program you can work in for hours at a time, and it's easy to lose stuff - usually because of a Windows problem, not a BibleWorks problem. (Maybe for BibleWorks 7? )

Glad to hear the editor refit is underway! Thanks for letting us know.

--Steve
    Steve Whitney, pastor
    Trinity Presbyterian Church

1500 Park Blvd.
    West Sacramento, CA 95691

church: www.TrinityWestSac.org
    blog: www.UndercoverPastor.com

Default For Which Version?

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell
    ... relief is in sight. We have completely replaced the editor now with a new editor that has all the capabilities of Wordpad and a lot more. ...
    I can't give you a date yet but I wanted you to know that some good things are coming.
    Sweet,
    but for which version? 4? 5? 6? or (the forthcoming?) 7?

Smile Thanks for an update

Mike,
    Your focus and diligent work eithic is SURPRISING!!!!! May the Lord REWARD you for your great help to the Christian, Jewish communities, and all others that find BW a source of research that is UNIQUE in many ways.

Gilbert

PS SO GOOD to see help is on the way!

Default Which Version?

Quote Originally Posted by tcblack
    Sweet,
    but for which version? 4? 5? 6? or (the forthcoming?) 7?
    The editor upgrade is way too major to be put into earlier versions as an upgrade. It requires a major rewrite of almost every major subsystem. We will probably have a 6.5 before the next major release so we can share some goodies a bit sooner. So it is not a long ways off. Sorry I can't give you a date but hopefully you will understand.

Default As always...

As always Mike, it will be worth the wait, of that I'm fairly certain.