Thread: MiniFlash and Key Mapping

Default MiniFlash and Key Mapping

Shalom.

I've downloaded the MiniFlash flash card software for the Palm OS. I'd like to be able to add vowels to the Hebrew, Aramaic, and Yiddish cards that I've created but, alas, I'm not so savvy. I believe the technique is called Key Mapping.

The MiniFlash software supports this--I have downloaded several prepared files that do indeed include vowels--but I haven't figured this out yet.

Does anyone here know how to do this? Or perhaps someone can direct me to online resources to learn how?

Thank you.

By the way, it was from a link on the MiniFlash site (http://www.pdascholar.com/) that I found the BibleWorks site.

If you go under the menu, look for the word 'help' and under it you will find the key mapping for the hebrew vowel pointing.

Or you can send an email to the support email and within 24 hours you will get a file that you can print out that will to have in front of you with the key mapping.
    Numbers 6:24-26
    יְבָרֶכְךָ יְהוָה וְיִשְׁמְרֶךָ׃
    יָאֵר יְהוָה פָּנָיו אֵלֶיךָ וִיחֻנֶּךָּ׃
    יִשָּׂא יְהוָה פָּנָיו אֵלֶיךָ וְיָשֵׂם לְךָ שָׁלוֹם׃

Default Thank you, Ken, but it's the "How," not the "What"!

I am familiar with that drop-down Key Map under the Help tab. What I'm looking for is how to insert the vowels. How do I actually use those codes to insert vowels?

Also, how do I create new cards that utilize the same font as on the prepared cards that I've downloaded from the site?

Thanks.

There are two ways to do this. I have not done it for the Hebrew, but I have for the Greek. I created my one flash cards by using the new card option under record in the drop down menu and added them to an existing database, by creating a new file name for them. Then I just used my keyboard to type the letters in. And the other way that I have done this is that I have downloaded the converter, which is a free progam under the products tab on the pdascholar web site. and created an excel file and then moved it to my palm treo. If you use them method be sure to consult the user manual for column setup.

Default Excellent!

Thank you, Ken. I will try these methods.

G-d bless you!

P.S. Two things:

1) Is there a way to duplicate the decks so I can have versions and backups?
    2) Also, I've downloaded a Spanish card deck for MiniFlash that shows Hebrew characters on my Palm instead of Spanish characters such as the ene (n with a tilde) and various accents. Any idea how/if I can correct this?
    Last edited by ploni; 08-08-2008 at 04:28 PM.

I have only used the Hebrew and Greek Databases.

The only way that I have made backups is to use the convert program and rename it something else.