Thread: Hebrew verb diagnostics vocabulary files

Hybrid View

Default Hebrew verb diagnostics flashcard file

Put together this vocabulary flashcard set for reviewing the various verb diagnostics. It's helpful for my own review, and I thought maybe someone else would find it useful.

EDIT: All right, new version. I added the chapter numbers from Pratico-Van Pelt (Basics of Biblical Hebrew) and corrected a few errors. I'm sure there are more errors in here, so if anyone notices them, let me know! Happy parsing!

Note that the .zip file also includes a few notes on how I put the file together, as well as a screenshot of what the vocab module should look like if you're using the right font for your Browse Window.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Matt Hauger; 05-30-2008 at 11:43 PM. Reason: New file!

Matt, it looks nice. Thanks for sharing!

Nice job! I just loaded it and took a quick look. Thanks for all the hard work. I will figure out a way to incorporate this in a scheduled review. Great job.

Matt, I had some time this morning to test out your file. You did a good job. The only suggestion I have off the top of my head is adding the chapter numbers.

It is unfortunate BW doesn't offer more options in the labelling and filtering so that a user could sort out words in a list more specifically than "verb" "noun" etc but all "Qal" or "Imperfects" or even all "Qal Imperfects." I guess this can be done with the WLM, but it would be a nice nuance for the Flashcard module itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Luna View Post
    Matt, I had some time this morning to test out your file. You did a good job. The only suggestion I have off the top of my head is adding the chapter numbers.

It is unfortunate BW doesn't offer more options in the labelling and filtering so that a user could sort out words in a list more specifically than "verb" "noun" etc but all "Qal" or "Imperfects" or even all "Qal Imperfects." I guess this can be done with the WLM, but it would be a nice nuance for the Flashcard module itself.
    Yeah, I'll try to go back through and add the BBH chapter numbers soon -- shouldn't take too long. As for filtering, you should be able to do what you want with the vocabulary flashcard module. In the filter dialog box, check 'Filter by part of speech.' Select 'Verb (v)' and then type 'vqi' (for Qal imperfects) in the part of speech filter entry blank. Not exactly intuitive, but it does work.

Default How Do I . . .

I am new to BW7. How do I add your file to BW7?

Quote Originally Posted by Wally Morris View Post
    I am new to BW7. How do I add your file to BW7?
    Save the zip file to your hard disk, then unzip the .vrt file to your c:\Program Files\BibleWorks 7\init folder (assuming a default installation).

Once you've unzipped the .vrt file to you init folder, then open BibleWorks. Once you have BibleWorks open, open the Vocabulary module --

Tools | Vocabulary Flashcard Module

Once you have the vocab module open, choose File | Import and navigate to the .vrt file you just unzipped into this folder.

Default New file above

Corrected some errors and keyed the chapter numbers to Pratico/Van Pelt's 'Basics of Biblical Hebrew.' See my first post in this thread for the file. Peace!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Hauger View Post
    Corrected some errors and keyed the chapter numbers to Pratico/Van Pelt's 'Basics of Biblical Hebrew.' See my first post in this thread for the file. Peace!
    Matt, when I import the .vrc file I get a bunch of squares instead of the Hebrew font.

Is it just me, or is anyone else experiencing this?

Scott,

I did use a box character as a placeholder for a consonant/radical. Check out the screenshot included in the .zip file above. Is that how yours looks?

Thanks for helping me troubleshoot!

Matt H.