Thread: Barclay's Version of Mishna complete

Default Barclay's Version of Mishna complete

Hi,

I have created a user module of Barclay’s translation of the Talmud (actually it is a large portion of the Mishna). I have also included Barclay’s foot notes. If someone is interested in the module, or is willing to host the file, please contact me (Jay) at the following:

Kakurse @msn.com
    a;koue( VIsrah,l( ku,rioj o` qeo.j h`mw/n ku,rioj ei-j evstin( kai. avgaph,seij ku,rion to.n qeo,n sou evx o[lhj th/j kardi,aj sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j yuch/j sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j dianoi,aj sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j ivscu,oj souĹ

עשׁה שׁלום במרומיו הוא יעשׂה שׁלום עלינו ועל כל ישׂראל ואמרו אמן׃

"Will you rise like a lion in the morning sun or will you just lay there bleeding? When the time has come, return to the Kingdom, close my eyes and be screaming freedom!" - Matisyahu

Quote Originally Posted by BigJayOneill View Post
    Hi,

I have created a user module of Barclay’s translation of the Talmud (actually it is a large portion of the Mishna). I have also included Barclay’s foot notes. If someone is interested in the module, or is willing to host the file, please contact me (Jay) at the following:

Kakurse @msn.com
    I just emailed you about it. If you send it to me I'll get it on the BibleWorks blog.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

I'll have to look at the Book names again because I think some of those might have names already from other BibleWorks modules, but if people want to play around with it, the files are available here.
    Michael Hanel
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    LibraryThing!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel View Post
    I'll have to look at the Book names again because I think some of those might have names already from other BibleWorks modules, but if people want to play around with it, the files are available here.
    I did rename the Pirke Aboth book to PAV, since there was already another occasion of it in the books.bna file due to the PAV module.

It's on the BW blog here. Thanks!
    Michael Hanel
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    LibraryThing!

There was a separate Pirke Aboth user database file abbreviated PAV at one time, but this book is included in the Old Testament Pseudepigrapha of Charles, OTP), and in that work it is abbreviated PIR. So I switched to that appreviation on my computer. You may wish to do the same.
    Also the abbreviation BTA for "Bereitha concerning the Temple", has already been taken by one of Michael Hanel's Greek texts:
    Bta,Boeotia. (Pausanius, PAUS), So you will have to change one of the abbreviations.
    Otherwise, thanks for making this available.
    Mark Eddy

Sounds good!
    a;koue( VIsrah,l( ku,rioj o` qeo.j h`mw/n ku,rioj ei-j evstin( kai. avgaph,seij ku,rion to.n qeo,n sou evx o[lhj th/j kardi,aj sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j yuch/j sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j dianoi,aj sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j ivscu,oj souĹ

עשׁה שׁלום במרומיו הוא יעשׂה שׁלום עלינו ועל כל ישׂראל ואמרו אמן׃

"Will you rise like a lion in the morning sun or will you just lay there bleeding? When the time has come, return to the Kingdom, close my eyes and be screaming freedom!" - Matisyahu