Thread: Passing arguments to Bibleworks

Default Passing arguments to Bibleworks

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question or not, but here goes.

So I'd like to be able to use my keyboard launcher (Launchy) to open references in Bibleworks, rather than having to switch to BW, click on the command line, type in the reference, etc.

Launchy allows you to pass arguments to specific programs that accept them (e.g. passing -compose to thunderbird.exe to quickly set up an email to the person you specify). Does BW (i.e. bw700.exe?) have any similar command prompt arguments it accepts? Might it allow me to pass arguments right to the command line in the program?

I hope the question makes sense. Feel free to let me know if I'm blabbering.

Default Keyboard access

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Hauger View Post
    So I'd like to be able to use my keyboard launcher (Launchy) to open references in Bibleworks.
    Do you know that when you're in your word processor, you can type Shft-Ctrl-B and enter a text reference in a Bible Works pop-up window, which will automatically paste in your reference whereever you cursor is?

Dale A. Brueggemann

כִּי עֶזְרָא הֵכִין לְבָבוֹ לִדְרוֹשׁ אֶת־תּוֹרַת יְהוָה וְלַעֲשֹׂת וּלְלַמֵּד בְּיִשְׂרָאֵל חֹק וּמִשְׁפָּט (Ezra 7:10)

Quote Originally Posted by Dale A. Brueggemann View Post
    Do you know that when you're in your word processor, you can type Shft-Ctrl-B and enter a text reference in a Bible Works pop-up window, which will automatically paste in your reference whereever you cursor is?
    No, that's a very helpful tip that I didn't know about! But what I'd really like to do is quickly go directly TO Bibleworks, opened to the reference I specify. Can it be done? We talk a lot about Logos accepting arguments from the BW external links manager, but can Bibleworks accept information from other programs? If so, where can I find out what the various arguments would be?

Default Arguments from VBA

Hi, Matt,

Yes, BW can accept arguments from other programs. See help under OLE and DDE.

As an example, I programmatically controlled BW from VBA to extract data to Word, but you could fairly easily open BW to a passage and then Go to BW.