Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update 7019f (crashed)

Default Update 7019f (crashed)

Hi folks,

this latest update is causing my BW to crash before it actually opens after I pick a profile from the configuration manager. Is there anyway for me to go back to the previous update? I really don't want to have to spend all the time it takes to reload BW.

Blessings,
    Dave
    David Spear
    Calvary Chapel of Manassas
    Manassas, Va. 20110
    http://www.calvarychapelmanassas.org/
    KJV Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without (apart from) the deeds of the law.

Same happened to me. Any solution other than reloading? Thanks.

Leonard Li
    lli4g@cox.net

Default Same here...

I'm experiencing the same issue. I can't even get Bibleworks to open anymore before getting the message that BibleWorks has stopped working. I'm using win vista ultimate and haven't had any issues before today. This is BibleWorks7 and I keep it regularly updated (until today, that is) Does anyone at all have any solutions, i have a sermon tomorrow and a huge Hebrew exegesis paper due on Thurs, Please help.

thanks,

~isaac

Exclamation Same here...

Windows Vista Home Advanced

BibleWorks startup splash screen displays - at the bottom it shows the new version number, then switches to "Initializing version data ..." before crashing.

Sent crash information through the Windows crash manager, so if BibleWorks has the deal where they can access crash information for their programs from Windows, they should be able to figure out what's wrong.

Default Me Too!

Just downloaded the latest revision and the same thing is happening to me! The program will not get beyond the splash screen before crashing!

Default Oops

Hi All,

We tested the update on all our computers before posting and had no problems. SO we'll have to investigate. In the mean time hold down the SHIFT key when you start BibleWorks. Then select the option "Restore Previous Version." This should allow you to revert to the earlier version.

If you could send your system specs and your bw700.ini file to tech support that would be helpful.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Last edited by MBushell; 04-15-2008 at 04:39 PM.

Default Question

Are any of you who are having the probem running on XP or is it a Vista-specific problem?

Thanks,
    Mike

My problem is on XP, Mike.

Dave
    David Spear
    Calvary Chapel of Manassas
    Manassas, Va. 20110
    http://www.calvarychapelmanassas.org/
    KJV Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without (apart from) the deeds of the law.

Quote Originally Posted by calvary View Post
    My problem is on XP, Mike.

Dave
    Thanks. We removed the update. Let me know if the workaround posted above doesn't work and we'll figure something out to get people going. Do NOT, any of you, reinstall. That isn't necessary.
    Mike

Default Whew! Thanks!

I'm running XP Mike.

Thanks for the tip on reverting back to the previous version!

Harold