Thread: Browse mode... wrong verse

Hybrid View

Default Browse mode... wrong verse

When I'm in browse mode, and I type in a reference, BW will show a few verses before the one I type in... ex if I type 2Cor 12.7, the display will start with 2Cor 12.5. BUT, if I type it again, the display moves to v7.
    I just noticed this and it doesn't *seem* to be consistent...
    What's the deal? Is this a bug, or is it called a feature? ;-)

Is this an option that I can change?

Thanks,
    Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by etfjr View Post
    is it called a feature? ;-)
    It's a "feature" of the BW7 creature.

Default A feature???

Assume, it's an annoying feature, can it be turned off?

Assume, it's an annoying feature, can it be turned off?
    My bad. I was kidding regarding the "creature feature" declaration. A lot of my jokes go over like jalapeno wind passed in a crowded elevator.

BW7 is a savant program. It's brilliant at most everything it does; but on a few items, just think of it as "special."

Ultimately, what you're referring to is - I think - an issue of versification differences. JMHO.

Default Savant, I like that...

I think, if I was just reading for the sake of reading, this would be a good thing... show the context a bit, but when doing word studies, etc, in class, I want to go straight there. I'm not sure is a versification issue because it happens in a lot of different locations... and seems to happen more often if the jump i'm making is longer... If I'm in Genesis1 and go to Romans, it'll happen, but if I just to a passage in the first few chaps of Genesis, it doesn't happen...

Oh well...
    T

Default Context in browse

When I'm in browse mode, and I type in a reference, BW will show a few verses before the one I type in... ex if I type 2Cor 12.7, the display will start with 2Cor 12.5.
    Mine doesn't do that, it just goes to 2co 12:7. Actually, I would love it if the previous verse or two displayed without my having to scroll up to it in the browse mode. If it's a menu choice that makes the difference between your hitting 2co 12:5 and mine hitting 2co 12:7, let's find it so we can both switch. I want the previous verse context, and you want to come up on just the verse you called up.

Dale A. Brueggemann

כִּי עֶזְרָא הֵכִין לְבָבוֹ לִדְרוֹשׁ אֶת־תּוֹרַת יְהוָה וְלַעֲשֹׂת וּלְלַמֵּד בְּיִשְׂרָאֵל חֹק וּמִשְׁפָּט (Ezra 7:10)

Default Gremlins!!!!

After fighting with this on all day in class, now that I'm trying to replicate it, I can't.. I'll try to keep track of when/how it happens and let you know...

Taylor

Are you talking about what I think of as "the bounce"? If so, I've noticed it many times, also.

In what I'm talking about, you'll pick 1 Corinthians, then you'll pick 7 -- and it'll "bounce" to the end of 6.
    Dan Phillips
    Books:Web presence:
    tfo+[]l;w> hw"hy> tr:AT-ta, vArd>li Abb'l. !ykihe ar"z>[, yKi

s `jP'(v.miW qxo laer"f.yIB. dMel;l.W

Default That's it exactly...

But not just when i pick a verse (it's happened with the verse drop boxes AND with the section heading drop box) but also when i type in a reference in the command line...

I'm glad I'm not crazy... at least about that...

Taylor