I have downloaded three modules (Calvin's Commentaries, Reformed Confessions, and Keil and Delitzsch), and unzipped them into /databases. I then restarted BibleWorks. When I click on, say, Calvin's Commentaries, the frame appears with the index on the left, but there is no text in the frame on the right side. Instead, I get a message "This program cannot display the webpage." When I tried re-un-zipping the Calvin files, I got a message asking for a password.
What am I doing wrong?
Installing user databases
After unzipping the files you often have to "unblock" them by right clicking on each file in a file manager (e.g., Windows Explore--right click on "Start button) and go to the directory where you've extracted the files.
Right click on each file and then under "Properties" (at bottom of popup list in XP--which shows after the right mouse click) under "General" tab, at "Security", click on the "unblock" box.
There's more on this in the User Forum but I don't remember where.
You were right. The files were blocked. Everything works fine now. I had read your advice elsewhere, but could not recall where it was. Again, thanks.
Installing modules in Windows 7
I am installing BibleWorks to a new computer with Windows 7 this morning,and wanted to add a bit more info for others who may try to install user-created databases in Windows 7.
When I installed on a Windows XP computer, I had to go through Windows Explorer to find the .chm file for the new database and unblock it. In Windows 7, it's not a .chm file - it's a .chp file. And, it turns out I had to go to every file extension for the new database and unblock it individually, then it worked fine.